BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from my dealer. My i4 has been at the port in Galveston since June 30 and it looks like it will be there for a little longer.

They say it will be released to carrier when the stop sale has been remedied.

Rectangle Violet Font Magenta Parallel

• Sad
Reactions: Magicrat

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,686 Posts
Yes, you and everyone else with an i4 or an iX.

It's a model wide recall for both cars, and has been discussed for several days since it first started popping up.
(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer. My i4 has been at the port in Galveston since June 30 and it looks like it will be there for a little longer.

They say it will be released to carrier when the stop sale has been remedied.

View attachment 12097
Mine has been at the port of Galveston since July 5 and was scheduled to be at the dealership on July 9. Which dealership are you working with?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I started a new rumor. Yesterday my dealer told me he got an update in the morning where the Valet software update will be out the 16th. Lets hope that is true. I'm at port of Baltimore waiting.

• Love
Reactions: Z-Zada and gsbaker

·
Registered
19 Posts
0065820300 Valet Parking Mode issue. (Strangely, this anomaly is not seen when calling the the BMW Recall Info Tool)
New SW installed today but the update did not solve the issue, still same error messages seen. Now the next SW version is available first at the end of the month.
Anyone else confirming this from other source?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
0065820300 Valet Parking Mode issue. (Strangely, this anomaly is not seen when calling the the BMW Recall Info Tool)
New SW installed today but the update did not solve the issue, still same error messages seen. Now the next SW version is available first at the end of the month.
Anyone else confirming this from other source?
did you hear this from your dealer or the VPC?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started a new rumor. Yesterday my dealer told me he got an update in the morning where the Valet software update will be out the 16th. Lets hope that is true. I'm at port of Baltimore waiting.
Any further update on this? I’m waiting to take delivery of my new i4 from Sunderland England but the info from them is non existent. Desperate to get my hands on my new car!! (I know we all are!)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Any further update on this? I’m waiting to take delivery of my new i4 from Sunderland England but the info from them is non existent. Desperate to get my hands on my new car!! (I know we all are!)
in another thread there was someone that said their was an update yesterday, however it didn't work and now expected at the end of the month. Growing speculation that it's not just warning lights and might be something else like personal information. But there is not corroboration for either thing I just said. The info is in other threads on this board. So I'm going to hope that it's all wrong and my dealer is right and the software will be deployed on the 16th.

Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
5 Posts
in another thread there was someone that said their was an update yesterday, however it didn't work and now expected at the end of the month. Growing speculation that it's not just warning lights and might be something else like personal information. But there is not corroboration for either thing I just said. The info is in other threads on this board. So I'm going to hope that it's all wrong and my dealer is right and the software will be deployed on the 16th.
Fingers crossed Elle! It’s depressing knowing your new car is finally here but you can’t get your hands on it & bmw aren’t very forthcoming with information over here in the UK 🇬🇧

·
Registered
i4 M50 Frozen Pure Grey Metallic
35 Posts
Hi All, first post and new to the forum. I have an i4 M50 that has finally arrived at the dealer and they have informed me that there is a technical hold on the car due to valet parking. No other information and very frustrating. I will keep a close eye on the forum for updates and of course update if I hear anything. Thank you all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All, first post and new to the forum. I have an i4 M50 that has finally arrived at the dealer and they have informed me that there is a technical hold on the car due to valet parking. No other information and very frustrating. I will keep a close eye on the forum for updates and of course update if I hear anything. Thank you all
Feel your pain Steve - I have an M40 at the dealer but delivery stop on it yet my friend who ordered his m40 after me took delivery of his last Wednesday! Aaargh!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So i have joined the rather large list of people waiting for their i4. i share the same frustration as everyone else it seems where communication with dealerships is few and far between. it would seem that BMW haven't been very forthcoming when committing to a date for fix release which of course then leaves the dealers in a tricky position of managing customer expectations. i've been waiting since the 7th to collect my m50 and have just had a call from dealerhip in Enfield UK that he has now had word of the fix coming by the 18th however he did not want to garauntee this. if this is the case then it should be a quick job on pushing the update through the software which should then enable them to register the car and pass onto customers. fingers crossed all goes as planned

·
Registered
5 Posts
So i have joined the rather large list of people waiting for their i4. i share the same frustration as everyone else it seems where communication with dealerships is few and far between. it would seem that BMW haven't been very forthcoming when committing to a date for fix release which of course then leaves the dealers in a tricky position of managing customer expectations. i've been waiting since the 7th to collect my m50 and have just had a call from dealerhip in Enfield UK that he has now had word of the fix coming by the 18th however he did not want to garauntee this. if this is the case then it should be a quick job on pushing the update through the software which should then enable them to register the car and pass onto customers. fingers crossed all goes as planned
Great keep us updated…..

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,133 Posts
I don't get it......how can BMW release a software update for this problem and then find out it doesn't work? Don't they do a QC check before you send anything out? I'm starting to wonder if this was just a rumor that it didn't work, especially when they said a software fix was coming out July 18th.

Reactions: ssh

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I don't get it......how can BMW release a software update for this problem and then find out it doesn't work? Don't they do a QC check before you send anything out? I'm starting to wonder if this was just a rumor that it didn't work, especially when they said a software fix was coming out July 18th.
I think it was just a dealer rumor as no one else has come forth to say anything that I've seen so..... I'm still hoping for the 16th or the 18th for the fix.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts