BMW i4 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 - Brooklyn Gray - 19" 860M all season - Mocha Vernasca Leather - Carbon Fiber trim
160 Posts
Mine is still at the port NY/NJ since July 21. Valet Mode software fix was applied on July 21. No clue why they still have it there. Maybe driving around NJ roads :).
I called my CA this morning to find out that someone from VPC told him they are waiting for BMW AG to clear apparently a new issue. I have no idea why they would hold for a new issue they haven't found yet. here goes again BMW.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 - Brooklyn Gray - 19" 860M all season - Mocha Vernasca Leather - Carbon Fiber trim
160 Posts
Finally VPC released my car to trucking. Figured out the accessories I have added to install at VPC is the culprit for delay. Lesson learned no accessories until pick up the car :).

• Love
Reactions: Elle BMW

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
Reactions: quattrocoupe

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The article says the affected cars were manufactured between 2022-2023. Interesting. :unsure:

It’s the same issue we’ve discussed in several threads.
Yep, looks like the same issue. I'm hoping its a really small recall and my car is not affected...........when I get it, LOL.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
There are three recent recalls that affect i4's:

First, there is a Battery Terminals recall, which affects i4's made between May (IIRC) and June of 2022.

Next there is the Valet Mode recall, which affects pretty much every i4 and iX ever made from day one through some point in mid-July.

Most recently, there is a Battery Cells recall, which affects a VERY random sprinkle of a mix of i4's and iX's, and is supposedly limited to 57, 67 or 80 cars, (depending on who you ask) total at this time. This is the one that people are being told immediately not to charge or even drive the vehicles. This affects cars in different countries, different models, different trims, and made at random times since production began. If this one starts growing, it's going to be bad news.

Reactions: quattrocoupe

·
Registered
270 Posts
The article says the affected cars were manufactured between 2022-2023. Interesting. :unsure:

It’s the same issue we’ve discussed in several threads.
Lol, gotta love the state of our journalism. I wonder if they meant "MY22-MY23" and the interviewer didn't bother to get clarification.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive 40, 2022, Samremo Green, M Sport Pro Pack, Comfort Plus Pack, Harmon Kardon, Tow bar.
12 Posts
Finally got mine cleared. It will be delivered next Friday. Looks like they are doing them in some kind of order in the UK
Mine has been in the distribution centre in Lincolnshire for the past three weeks and still no sign of the patch being applied. Great that your car has now been done. When did your car first arrive at the distribution centre?

·
Registered
i4 M50 Frozen Pure Grey Metallic
34 Posts
Mine has been in the distribution centre in Lincolnshire for the past three weeks and still no sign of the patch being applied. Great that your car has now been done. When did your car first arrive at the distribution centre?
It was there for around a week. Hopefully you will get it very soon

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Does anyone know offhand if the VDCs are doing any vehicle processing on the weekend at all?

181 - 200 of 200 Posts