BMW i4 Forum banner

Study shows that BMW-drivers most likely to be psychopaths

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  gsbaker 
#1 ·
#9 ·
This will be my first BMW. Does anyone know if the I4 will come with turn signals?

I've been told turn signals are optional on BMWs.

Might explain why BMW owners are more likely to be psychopaths?

Or maybe I've been lied to and BMWs do come with turn signals and the owners are like the Joker in The Dark Knight, in that they just choose not to use the turn signals because they want to see the world burn?

#10 ·
This will be my first BMW. Does anyone know if the I4 will come with turn signals?

I've been told turn signals are optional on BMWs.
Turn signals on a BMW are actually one of the hottest options there are. Everyone wants them, really, they are so hot.
But that's also the reason why no one uses them, they're too hot, you'd probably burn your fingers using them...

#13 ·
That's the spirit :)

3 things I still remember from driving school, now 40 years ago:
  • I always wear my seat belt: my instructor wouldn't let me drive off
  • I always use my turn signal: my instructor once said to me "if you don't start using your turn signal, let me out and I'll go on foot. Ever since, I always blink :cool:
  • how to turn on a street (European, not American) in 2 times

#21 ·
I'm actually suspicious of the winners of this test: on #2, the BMW I know brake from 70mph to 0 in 41m, so 53m from 50mph is a sign of very bad brakes; on #3, deaf people don't have guide dogs in the US, blind people do. And on #4, I ALWAYS overtake on the left, may be the test was administered in the UK?

Back to the original post, I first bought an Audi, then a Fiat, and now I'm waiting for a BMW. I think I'm losing my mind bit by bit :censored::censored::censored:

#22 ·
And don't forget BMW's parking 101. Make sure nobody can park or walk near and possibly scratch your car (though they may do it out of spite anyway).

Also, have you seen this?

#26 ·
So for the 50th anniversary of the M division, recognizing generations of psychopaths that worship them, BMW has announced an OTA update to their Driver Assistance Professional package, the "BMW driver mode", which shortens the following distance of the Adaptive cruise to 2 feet and pre-conditions the brakes for "extreme" usage; if the Laser headlights are on, it locks them at high beam and points them straight at the outside rear view mirrors of the car in front. It also subtly changes the brake lights programming so that prior to turning on solid for strong deceleration, they flash "F... you" in morse code. This will be free for drivers that have shown through their ECU recordings the proper BMW driver behavior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.