BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just sitting here, beavering away in the office, when my phone rang. BMW dealer. So I braced myself for further bad news and picked up the phone.

Turns out my status is now 112 and delivery has been brought forward to August.

Apparently, the person ahead of me in the queue expressed the same kind of "yeah, I'll believe it when I see it" response that I did! But their car has gone into build very suddenly and delivery is expected in July. So things finally seem to be moving.

One curiosity in the spec is this:

9QY Digital aftermarket - Active cruise control.

So the car will be prepped for ACC, but it won't be enabled unless I part with more money. I can live with that.

Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer sent me an email of a screen capture that he asked me not to share, so fair enough. But what it effectively says is that all the components will be in place for enabling the ACC, and you can enable in MyBMW whenever you like. (Or else it'll be enabled prior to delivery if the car is an M50.)

That's better than I was expecting, and if it doesn't work they can have the car back until it does!

Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
Good news for you guys. Mine was due for production this week. Spoke to the dealer two days ago and it鈥檚 been moved to September. So mine is going the wrong way, unfortunately!
Sorry, since you do not mention if you are getting the i4 40 or i4M50 - this message is of very little value. I would like everyone to add the i4 40 or i4M50 in your profile, and when discussing range/consumption also add the tyre spec ?

Registered
BMW 530d Touring xDrive
Sorry, since you do not mention if you are getting the i4 40 or i4M50 - this message is of very little value. I would like everyone to add the i4 40 or i4M50 in your profile, and when discussing range/consumption also add the tyre spec ?
Portimao Blue M50, UK RHD, 19鈥 861 wheels. Not sure of the tire size that will be mounted on them. Standard UK spec with black leather, Comfort Plus Pack, blue caliper options.

Registered
I was just sitting here, beavering away in the office, when my phone rang. BMW dealer. So I braced myself for further bad news and picked up the phone.

Turns out my status is now 112 and delivery has been brought forward to August.

Apparently, the person ahead of me in the queue expressed the same kind of "yeah, I'll believe it when I see it" response that I did! But their car has gone into build very suddenly and delivery is expected in July. So things finally seem to be moving.

One curiosity in the spec is this:

9QY Digital aftermarket - Active cruise control.

So the car will be prepped for ACC, but it won't be enabled unless I part with more money. I can live with that.
Hey - when did you order?

thanks

Registered
Same with me, its fleet and its currently showing a build date of 8th August and delivery early September, you can keep checking with the Genius app on the website if you haven't already, they will tell you the build date.

Registered
BMW 530d Touring xDrive
Same with me, its fleet and its currently showing a build date of 8th August and delivery early September, you can keep checking with the Genius app on the website if you haven't already, they will tell you the build date.
Next time I speak to the dealer, I'll ask for a production number or order number to be able to keep track of it. Do we know at what point a VIN gets assigned?

Which number did you need to track with Genius? Production number, order number?

Registered
Next time I speak to the dealer, I'll ask for a production number or order number to be able to keep track of it. Do we know at what point a VIN gets assigned?

Which number did you need to track with Genius? Production number, order number?
I think its the AG number, the dealer will know to be fair, you can then just the genius on the webpage and they respond instantly to be fair.

Im status 111 which mean order date has been allocated but is subject to change....ordered in March..

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
Sorry to veer off topic, but how does a squirrel beaver?
馃え馃お

• Haha
Reactions: Squirrel1974

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
  • Haha
Reactions: Squirrel1974
1 - 19 of 19 Posts