BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered my M50 with Tanzanite Blue II color. Not many seem to have made the same choice.

Actually i feel like i'm the only one.

Maybe it's because you have to pay extra?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my M50 with Tanzanite Blue II color. Not many seem to have made the same choice.

Actually i feel like i'm the only one.

Maybe it's because you have to pay extra?
We have been looking at almost all available colors and the only reason we didn't choose Tanzanite Blue was because of the extra cost. There are many great colors, but TB is definitely one of the best in my book.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice pictures, but please delete the last 3 pictures as they are not Tanzanite Blue.
As a 1year owner of a Portimao blue 330e, that does not look like Portimao. Tanzanite blue also has alot of metallic when its in the correct light.
Anyways, i sendt them a message to get this matter confirmed. 🙂

·
Registered
M50, Sanremo Green, 20" 868M, Sep. 15th
140 Posts
I also have Tanzanite Blue in my order. After seeing that color live at a BMW dealer, I think it is very very nice in sunshine, but gets a little dull when its cloudy or when dark. I will therefore change it to Portimao blue. I think it is as nice in sunlight as in dark ... 😊

Reactions: Batmobile

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have Tanzanite Blue in my order. After seeing that color live at a BMW dealer, I think it is very very nice in sunshine, but gets a little dull when its cloudy or when dark. I will therefore change it to Portimao blue. I think it is as nice in sunlight as in dark ... 😊
I thought we had you, @M.Juul, on the Tanzanite team!? :p:ROFLMAO: These photos continue to confirm it for me. A great mix between sport and classic. I just like sticking with the darker colors, and we already have a lighter blue vehicle in the garage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I thought we had you, @M.Juul, on the Tanzanite team!? :p:ROFLMAO: These photos continue to confirm it for me. A great mix between sport and classic. I just like sticking with the darker colors, and we already have a lighter blue vehicle in the garage.
😄 .... who knows .... like most people here I have been back and forth with the color many times ... It's at least half a year before I get the car so maybe I'll be back on Tanzanite again when it is the last chance to change(y)😂

Reactions: teamzans

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
😄 .... who knows .... like most people here I have been back and forth with the color many times ... It's at least half a year before I get the car so maybe I'll be back on Tanzanite again when it is the last chance to change(y)😂
My thought is that Portimao Blue is way to common, and Tanzanite Blue is rarer and thus more "distinguished". Same reason why I took San Remo Green while I was really hesitating between Sunset Orange and it. San Remo green is popular elsewhere in the world but not at all in Texas.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My thought is that Portimao Blue is way to common, and Tanzanite Blue is rarer and thus more "distinguished". Same reason why I took San Remo Green while I was really hesitating between Sunset Orange and it. San Remo green is popular elsewhere in the world but not at all in Texas.
Agree that Portimao is more common, but I like it. Especially in Frozen, but I dare not to buy that color. Heard so many say it is difficult to maintain. Therefore, I put on M Carbon exterior and interior package so the car will at least stand out somewhat from the other Portimao`s...😉😄 At least that's the plan right now😊

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Agree that Portimao is more common, but I like it. Especially in Frozen, but I dare not to buy that color. Heard so many say it is difficult to maintain. Therefore, I put on M Carbon exterior and interior package so the car will at least stand out somewhat from the other Portimao`s...😉😄 At least that's the plan right now😊
Color is the essence of personal choice. Glad you make up your mind, and I know you'll be happy with it. Portimao is more common but it is a beautiful color and there is no color more "BMW" than that! I'd be scared of the Frozen too, very new and definitely more difficult to get fixed if you get a scratch or stone chip on it, just because body-shops are less familiar - plus in the us, it is $3000 more!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Deciding on Tanzanite blue is one of the few choices on my i4 that I haven’t gone back and forth with. The wheels I keep going back and forth with. Two weeks ago I saw a band new m4 in Tanzanite in town and was immediately reassured that it was the right choice for me. Today in a drive thru I looked up and there was a Tanzanite x3m40 behind me and I got giddy again.
My last 3 cars and my wife’s past 2 have been white. Time for a change. I’m planning on getting it ceramic coating, so I hope I’ll be able to keep up with keeping the darker color clean and shiny.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Deciding on Tanzanite blue is one of the few choices on my i4 that I haven’t gone back and forth with. The wheels I keep going back and forth with. Two weeks ago I saw a band new m4 in Tanzanite in town and was immediately reassured that it was the right choice for me. Today in a drive thru I looked up and there was a Tanzanite x3m40 behind me and I got giddy again.
My last 3 cars and my wife’s past 2 have been white. Time for a change. I’m planning on getting it ceramic coating, so I hope I’ll be able to keep up with keeping the darker color clean and shiny.
Great choice and agreed that it has been one the easier ones (unlike the interior!). Welcome to Team Tanzanite. Join some of us with the 20” 868s next! That Dravit Gray pic in Belgium reaffirmed the 20” choice for me.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts