BMW i4 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
No, I have been in contact with my SA and he has told me nothing yet.
I'm going to say that sounds suspect.

When placing your pre-order you should have gotten an email from BMW assigning you to the dealer.

In Nov when the order bank opened you should have been able to configure and sent your configuration to the SA or configure your car with the SA.

The SA should have created an order in the system and sent you a VIR pdf to approve.

That should have been submitted to the factory.

If you gave BMW $1500 in June and you don't have a VIR with your name on it, I suspect your dealer stole your order.

You need to press for the VIR.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm going to say that sounds suspect.

When placing your pre-order you should have gotten an email from BMW assigning you to the dealer.

In Nov when the order bank opened you should have been able to configure and sent your configuration to the SA or configure your car with the SA.

The SA should have created an order in the system and sent you a VIR pdf to approve.

That should have been submitted to the factory.

If you gave BMW $1500 in June and you don't have a VIR with your name on it, I suspect your dealer stole your order.

You need to press for the VIR.

I placed an order with BMWNA in June. Paid my $1500 and registered it with my dealer. I did an online configuration with my build code and submitted it to the dealer . My dealer contacted me today and said that most of the allotment is going to the west coast . I don't know what else I can do. If they don't deliver my car before my lease extension ends Ill my my m340. Its a great car. this will be my 12th car with the same dealer. Ev very car has been custom ordered. You would think they would be more forthcoming with me.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I placed an order with BMWNA in June. Paid my $1500 and registered it with my dealer. I did an online configuration with my build code and submitted it to the dealer . My dealer contacted me today and said that most of the allotment is going to the west coast . I don't know what else I can do. If they don't deliver my car before my lease extension ends Ill my my m340. Its a great car. this will be my 12th car with the same dealer. Ev very car has been custom ordered. You would think they would be more forthcoming with me.
I'm still calling BS on your dealer.
He should have provided a VIR.

He should have been able to submit the order in Dec and BMW would have set up the car however they wanted in the queue.

My order was accepted in Jan but hasn't even been scheduled but the factory has accepted the build as valid and I can see my car in MyBMW.

If they are talking allotment; they stole your original order and stuffed you back in the line.

Demand the VIR. When I gave my information to the dealer they submitted the build and Ingot a vehicle inquiry report.

Yours won't be the first that stole an allotment. Your next stop is the General Manager and a letter to BMW customer relations.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Reactions: steffo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m another member of the tanzanite club. I went with the Tacora red interior, red brake callipers, laser lights and the 20” wheels. arrival date late feb/early march apparently.
loving the pictures posted so far. I definitely made the right choice the colour looks awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading almost every comment here and looking at the pictures of the Tanzanite Blue color on the car. I had to change it from Portimao blue to Tanzanite Blue😍 now I am even more excited to get my i4M50🔥

·
Registered
I4M50
974 Posts
After reading almost every comment here and looking at the pictures of the Tanzanite Blue color on the car. I had to change it from Portimao blue to Tanzanite Blue😍 now I am even more excited to get my i4M50🔥
Have you looked at the Aegean blue (Individual color)?

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you looked at the Aegean blue (Individual color)?

View attachment 10190

Can that color be chosen for the i4m50? It looks like tanzanite blue?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Can that color be chosen for the i4m50? It looks like tanzanite blue?
Absolutely!
If you are willing to wait extra up to 2 months, and pay extra in the thousands of dollars over the Tanzanite II surcharge, you can get it on an M50!

...as long as nobody else in your geographic area already has.

Reactions: steffo

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50 05/22 Tanzanite Blue Ii Vernasca Moka
73 Posts
Absolutely!
If you are willing to wait extra up to 2 months, and pay extra in the thousands of dollars over the Tanzanite II surcharge, you can get it on an M50!

...as long as nobody else in your geographic area already has.
Here tanzanite blue II metallic was included in the High Executive package.
And in total, thanks to my dealer, I waited only 5 months.
In real life very happy with this color. In the sun it looks amazing. Sadly we didn’t see much sun lately

121 - 140 of 194 Posts