BMW i4 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Spotted one this weekend!

Not sure about those 50 year badges in combination with Tanzanite though…

View attachment 12346

Fair point, although compared with that Renova decal on the door already borking up the looks, the anniversary badge is comparatively minor.

Also, did they add aftermarket M-badges on the sides of this eDrive40, or do they get added with the M Sport package? (In myGarage, I'm not seeing them, and I have M Sport on my build.)

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts
Fair point, although compared with that Renova decal on the door already borking up the looks, the anniversary badge is comparatively minor.

Also, did they add aftermarket M-badges on the sides of this eDrive40, or do they get added with the M Sport package? (In myGarage, I'm not seeing them, and I have M Sport on my build.)
The side badges are added with msport. He is in the EU. Bmw merica decided for some reason not to have side badges on any i4’s.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Very pretty, and nice to see how mine will look in rainy Seattle. (Minus the M badges & 20" rims)

...and further confirmation that 20" rims are not the option blocking delivery of M50's.

Reactions: Fakedel

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my M50 with Tanzanite Blue II color. Not many seem to have made the same choice.

Actually i feel like i'm the only one.

Maybe it's because you have to pay extra?
You're not the only one... I ordered mine (2022) in Tanzanite Blue .. the M50... loaded up... original build came in around $75k +, but with the 2023 price increase it's now around high $76k. Still worth it. The portimao blue is also a great color but I can't justify another $2k above the tanzanite blue. The only thing I do not like about the i4 M50 is this long damn long stinking wait. It's killing me. Ordered in late April... still no movement to my knowledge. Dealer has gone radio silent... but I suspect it's because they don't know much more either. Daddy BMW seems to be in charge and he ain't talking.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Very pretty, and nice to see how mine will look in rainy Seattle. (Minus the M badges & 20" rims)

...and further confirmation that 20" rims are not the option blocking delivery of M50's.
Yep. But they still aren't building them.
Mine is tanzanite with 20" wheels.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
You're not the only one... I ordered mine (2022) in Tanzanite Blue .. the M50... loaded up... original build came in around $75k +, but with the 2023 price increase it's now around high $76k. Still worth it. The portimao blue is also a great color but I can't justify another $2k above the tanzanite blue. The only thing I do not like about the i4 M50 is this long damn long stinking wait. It's killing me. Ordered in late April... still no movement to my knowledge. Dealer has gone radio silent... but I suspect it's because they don't know much more either. Daddy BMW seems to be in charge and he ain't talking.
I too ordered Tanzinite Blue........such a beautiful color. Counting down the days. After 18.5 months, my wife and I will fly up to the PDC and drive back to Florida on the 18th! Wow, such a long wait. I know I will love my e40 M Sport from first sight, but this has been a very long and painful time in coming.

·
Registered
Ordered: i4 M50 Individual Tansanit Blau
29 Posts
I ordered my Tanzanite M50 with the 50-yr M anniversary emblem, but seeing these pictures and having seen one on the road recently I changed my mind. I just called the dealership to see if I could still change the configuration.

They couldn't, because the car was already built (which is good thing, so I'll be getting it soon) but they said I could swap the emblems for the normal ones afterwards, but it would cost a few 100 euros. Just so you know, you can swap them later on but it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Tanzanite M50 with the 50-yr M anniversary emblem, but seeing these pictures and having seen one on the road recently I changed my mind. I just called the dealership to see if I could still change the configuration.

They couldn't, because the car was already built (which is good thing, so I'll be getting it soon) but they said I could swap the emblems for the normal ones afterwards, but it would cost a few 100 euros. Just so you know, you can swap them later on but it won't be cheap.
Wow! Getting your M50 soon ... and you chose the best color! That's awesome. How long ago did you order it?

·
Registered
Ordered: i4 M50 Individual Tansanit Blau
29 Posts
Wow! Getting your M50 soon ... and you choose the best color! That's awesome. How long ago did you order it?
I know right?? I was surprised to hear that!! I ordered end of January this year. Back then they gave me an estimated delivery month and that was August. Just yet the dealership said it was already built but it's still being held back in Munich because it's awaiting some software update or so, and they expect delivery first week of September (but I live in the Netherlands so shipping time is rather quick).

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
but it would cost a few 100 euros. Just so you know, you can swap them later on but it won't be cheap.
There’s a member here who sells them, and I bet you can sell the 50 year ones for more! I bet you could come out even if you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Just thought of something… so many photos of i4s (and all EVs!) with the charging cable in. I don’t think we’d ever take shots of an ICE at the gas pump for an attractive shot. Kinda interesting…

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Reactions: rollermonkey
161 - 180 of 194 Posts