BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this article today: bimmertoday.de

Perhaps not directly BMW I4 related, but I find it really interesting and I think that it really emphasizes just how important it is for BMW to get the I4 and IX right. The 3-series is still a clear accumulated best-seller for 2021, but this is most likely not just a one-month occurance, but rather a trend which will continue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Actually motor vehicle registrations for TM3 in September exceed those of of BMW 3er, Audi A4 and Mercedes C class combined. And Tesla looks sure to be on the move.

But the article is a bit of click bait nonetheless. These are the September and 2021 overall numbers

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

Product Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

How about: "Polestar sales explodes in 2021"?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the article is a bit of click bait nonetheless. These are the September and 2021 overall numbers
Thanks for clarifying and I get your point. A bit clickbait but, as you also mention, it is an interesting trend and surely something BMW is hoping to correct with the launch of the i-series vehicles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
... it is an interesting trend and surely something BMW is hoping to correct with the launch of the i-series vehicles.
Yes, and interesting to see what Audi and Mercedes are about to do.

But sedans are not the most lucrative segment and Tesla is still importing all of their cars. I am very curious what will happen when they start to produce the model Y locally. That could really take a big slice of the SUV and station wagon market. Or maybe not? I wouldn't dare any prediction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Absolute numbers (number of cars sold) are equaly important - and - obviously one can’t just speak of quantity without mentioning quality, where there is a clear gap between the current premium brands and the rest of the pack - not limited to but especially Tesla. This in turn has a great effect on the availability and aging of car fleets overal ie: how many 10-20y old BMW or Mercedes don’t you see driving on the road vs other brands in equivalent segments … Hypes are like throwing stones very high … everyone looks up and WOW’s… vs throwing a stone boringly low however landing it much further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts