BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 Tanzanite Blue II 860M AS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that is what happens when you save a few $$ on the brakes of a high performance vehicle that weighs nearly as much as a F150. I couldn’t find the article but I remember reading that the model S has a 60-0 break distance of > 140ft (42m) where as the m50 was tested got around 105ft (32m)

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
433 Posts
I guess that is what happens when you save a few $$ on the brakes of a high performance vehicle that weighs nearly as much as a F150. I couldn’t find the article but I remember reading that the model S has a 60-0 break distance of > 140ft (42m) where as the m50 was tested got around 105ft (32m)
That's a model 3 in the video.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
396 Posts
That's a model 3 in the video.
It's really hard to tell. The front end was already pushed in before it even got to the curb. (angle1) The rear does look more like a TM3 in angle 2, and then the top down angle is useless, because they are very similar from that angle, apart from size.

...and this is just one reason I don't like Teslas: They all look too damned similar.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m not buying a Tesla, but always enjoy watching Wham Baam Teslacam on YouTube. Some of it provides for some good laughs. Some of its just scary.

I’m glad no one was hurt or killed inside the convention center.

As it states in the DMV handbook: “Driving is a privilege not a right.”

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
1,644 Posts
It's really hard to tell. The front end was already pushed in before it even got to the curb. (angle1) The rear does look more like a TM3 in angle 2, and then the top down angle is useless, because they are very similar from that angle, apart from size.

...and this is just one reason I don't like Teslas: They all look too damned similar.
Correct... Lot's of things don't match an "undamaged" Tesla...
  • bumper in front
  • black spots on the side
  • windshield wipers ???
Enlarged picture right before crash:

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
88 Posts
Correct... Lot's of things don't match an "undamaged" Tesla...
  • bumper in front
  • black spots on the side
  • windshield wipers ???
Enlarged picture right before crash:

View attachment 9633
There's got to be an interesting story behind this one. Doesn't look like a self driving mode problem. A "beater" Tesla roaming around? My first thought was it was another poser driving a rental - no experience with the power. Glad no one in the storefront was injured.

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
1,644 Posts
I heard it wasn't a convention center but a new hair salon.
But we're still waiting for the highlights!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts