BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2023 i4 M50 Individual Brass Metallic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will kick off this new topic.
Yesterday i ordered my new i4 M50 in the individual color "Brass Metallic" code 621. With the M sports seats finished in Vernasca Cognac, and as trim i selected Carbon.

It was a hard decision choosing between the 50 available individual colors. It helped that my local dealership had a M135i in stock in the color Brass Metallic. In person this colour is just stunning, elegant and sporty. Exactly what i was searching after.

Here is a M4 with the same colour combo, i ordered.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

So now it's your turn to show me your individual color's you have/get on your I4's!

·
Registered
747 Posts
My i4 M50 order is in Atlantis (399) with Tartufo Merino, Individual Manufaktur dash, doors and center console in Black Merino with matching Tartufo stitching color.

Wanted M Seats, not possible in the USA due to not being crash tested for certification, and first selection Golden Brown Merino leather would have delayed the build into 2023 so it was replaced by Tartufo so it can be build sooner.

My last F80 M3 was built exactly the same by Individual Manufaktur...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Mirror Automotive design

·
Registered
326 Posts
Twilight Purple with Vernasca Black Leather/Blue Contrast Stitching and Open Pore Ash Trimming. My first from Individual Manufaktur and wont be the last.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
i4 M50 Individual - Champagne Quartz & M550d Individual - Champagne Quartz
52 Posts
I´m waiting for an i4 M50 in Champagne Quartz. Have to order the car with black vernasca to get M-sport seats and will then do re-upholstery to Merino Tartufo and add more leather at saddler.

@Technic Can you show what you will do with your dashboard and door cards? Are you adding top and bottom in leather?

Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting

(my current M550d in Champagne Quartz)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My i4 M50 order is in Atlantis (399) with Tartufo Merino, Individual Manufaktur dash, doors and center console in Black Merino with matching Tartufo stitching color.

Wanted M Seats, not possible in the USA due to not being crash tested for certification, and first selection Golden Brown Merino leather would have delayed the build into 2023 so it was replaced by Tartufo so it can be build sooner.

My last F80 M3 was built exactly the same by Individual Manufaktur...
View attachment 13077

View attachment 13078
Lovely combination this Atlantis over Tartufo.
Didn't know that the M seats aren't available in the USA, is quite a pity. I really love the way they look and they are quite comfy aswel.

Post some pics here in the topic when you take delivery of your i4. When do you expect it to be delivered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Twilight Purple with Vernasca Black Leather/Blue Contrast Stitching and Open Pore Ash Trimming. My first from Individual Manufaktur and wont be the last.

View attachment 13079
Love this color as wel. I saw some pictures of it in the sun. It really POPS!!
My wife didn't let me choose any purple color... :(
Anyway super cool!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Lovely combination this Atlantis over Tartufo.
Didn't know that the M seats aren't available in the USA, is quite a pity. I really love the way they look and they are quite comfy aswel.

Post some pics here in the topic when you take delivery of your i4. When do you expect it to be delivered?
I hope to have it delivered before the end of the year, nobody knows for sure.

·
Registered
i4 M50 Individual - Champagne Quartz & M550d Individual - Champagne Quartz
52 Posts
  • Dash is full black leather with stitching matching Tartufo Merino stitching color.
  • Door panels in black leather (top, center and bottom) with armrest covered in Tartufo Merino, all with matching Tartufo stitching color.
Cool. My dealer says i cant get Individual Manufaktur, and thats annoying me. What did they charge you for this?

As for now, I have to do this at the saddler. I´ve ordered this at the saddler:
  • Seats in Merino Tartufo
  • Seat back cover Merino Tartufo
  • Top of door panels/cards in Nappa Black (like the top of the 4M5 Individual leather covered dashboard)
  • The middle part and arm rest in Merino Tartufo
  • Bottom/lower part of door panels/cards in Merino Tartufo
  • B-pillar in Nappa Black
  • Arm rest, lower part of center console and the knee pad in Merino Tartufo

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cool. My dealer says i cant get Individual Manufaktur, and thats annoying me. What did they charge you for this?

As for now, I have to do this at the saddler. I´ve ordered this at the saddler:
  • Seats in Merino Tartufo
  • Seat back cover Merino Tartufo
  • Top of door panels/cards in Nappa Black (like the top of the 4M5 Individual leather covered dashboard)
  • The middle part and arm rest in Merino Tartufo
  • Bottom/lower part of door panels/cards in Merino Tartufo
  • B-pillar in Nappa Black
  • Arm rest, lower part of center console and the knee pad in Merino Tartufo
Individual Manufaktur is taking longer than usual to respond to dealer inquiries at this time, normally it was a matter of days to respond but now it can take about a month. But it is available for the i4.

Prices are mostly based on this 2021 catalog but adjusted to G26 interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I´m waiting for an i4 M50 in Champagne Quartz. Have to order the car with black vernasca to get M-sport seats and will then do re-upholstery to Merino Tartufo and add more leather at saddler.

@Technic Can you show what you will do with your dashboard and door cards? Are you adding top and bottom in leather?

View attachment 13083

(my current M550d in Champagne Quartz)
View attachment 13084
View attachment 13085
This is one of my favorite BMW colors of all time!! :love:
I couldn't choose this as an option in the Netherlands. Champagner Quartz was not one of the 50 available colors unfortunately. If it was an option, i would definitely considered buying it! (y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm doing tartufo/black full merino interior and dakar yellow ii exterior. Probably won't get delivery until next year as I don't have a build date yet. (Which also means the individual pieces haven't been ordered officially yet, but I do have privisional approval on the interior, and the exterior shouldn't be an issue.)

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm doing tartufo/black full merino interior and dakar yellow ii exterior. Probably won't get delivery until next year as I don't have a build date yet. (Which also means the individual pieces haven't been ordered officially yet, but I do have privisional approval on the interior, and the exterior shouldn't be an issue.)

View attachment 13113
Also very unique. I first saw this color on a M3 E36 when it was first introduced. IT's a color with a lot of history. 👌 Curious to see how it combines with the tartufo. Normaly you only see yellow exterior with black interior.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also very unique. I first saw this color on a M3 E36 when it was first introduced. IT's a color with a lot of history. 👌 Curious to see how it combines with the tartufo. Normaly you only see yellow exterior with black interior.
yeah i have wanted a dakar yellow car since the 90s. My E36 M3 was cosmic black. I have occasionally seen yellow Boxsters with tan or brown interiors and I always thought it worked well. But of course most people don't like yellow carsc so my tastes are already questionable.;)

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
258 Posts
My last car was a 440i in Grigio Telesto aka Lamborghini grey. Really lovely mid-grey with subtle metallic sparklies in direct sunlight. Cost me an extra £3K. Total waste of money! Didn’t add a penny to the residuals, and I only kept the car two-and-a-half years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My last car was a 440i in Grigio Telesto aka Lamborghini grey. Really lovely mid-grey with subtle metallic sparklies in direct sunlight. Cost me an extra £3K. Total waste of money! Didn’t add a penny to the residuals, and I only kept the car two-and-a-half years.
the only reason to do it is because you want to. Of course it doesn't add to the resale. Unless you sell it privately and are willing to be patient.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My Individual 2017 F80 M3 in the photo above sold privately for about 75% of its MSRP in about 37 minutes after posting the 'for sale' thread in the M3 forum, after 5 years of ownership. My 2012 Individual E92 M3 never sold privately after several months for sale in the same forum, it was returned to the dealer because it was a lease. I fondly remember both for being delivered thru European Delivery at the Welt in Munich, including a personal tour of the M Individual studio in Garching each time - that's the place where Individual Manufaktur is done. European Delivery is no longer available in the US, otherwise I would be doing it each time I get a new BMW.

Individual is for your enjoyment, not for a buyer several years later IMO.

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,851 Posts
I will kick off this new topic.
Yesterday i ordered my new i4 M50 in the individual color "Brass Metallic" code 621. With the M sports seats finished in Vernasca Cognac, and as trim i selected Carbon.

It was a hard decision choosing between the 50 available individual colors. It helped that my local dealership had a M135i in stock in the color Brass Metallic. In person this colour is just stunning, elegant and sporty. Exactly what i was searching after.

Here is a M4 with the same colour combo, i ordered. View attachment 13076

So now it's your turn to show me your individual color's you have/get on your I4's!
This resembles the frozen copper of the i4 concept vehicle built three years ago.

When I saw the ad I fell in love with the car and decided to buy one.

I searched and did not find frozen copper among the individual colors.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
54 Posts
yeah i have wanted a dakar yellow car since the 90s. My E36 M3 was cosmic black. I have occasionally seen yellow Boxsters with tan or brown interiors and I always thought it worked well. But of course most people don't like yellow carsc so my tastes are already questionable.;)
There are no questionable tastes. Only different tastes and people who think they own the "right" taste.

So congrats! That's certainly an eye catcher (and I wish I were that bold).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts