BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
My i4 M50 order is in Atlantis (399) with Tartufo Merino, Individual Manufaktur dash, doors and center console in Black Merino with matching Tartufo stitching color.

Wanted M Seats, not possible in the USA due to not being crash tested for certification, and first selection Golden Brown Merino leather would have delayed the build into 2023 so it was replaced by Tartufo so it can be build sooner.

My last F80 M3 was built exactly the same by Individual Manufaktur...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Mirror Automotive design

·
Registered
747 Posts
@Technic Can you show what you will do with your dashboard and door cards? Are you adding top and botton in leather?
- Dash is full black leather with stitching matching Tartufo Merino stitching color.
- Door panels in black leather (top, center and bottom) with armrest covered in Tartufo Merino, all with matching Tartufo stitching color.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Lovely combination this Atlantis over Tartufo.
Didn't know that the M seats aren't available in the USA, is quite a pity. I really love the way they look and they are quite comfy aswel.

Post some pics here in the topic when you take delivery of your i4. When do you expect it to be delivered?
I hope to have it delivered before the end of the year, nobody knows for sure.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cool. My dealer says i cant get Individual Manufaktur, and thats annoying me. What did they charge you for this?

As for now, I have to do this at the saddler. I´ve ordered this at the saddler:
  • Seats in Merino Tartufo
  • Seat back cover Merino Tartufo
  • Top of door panels/cards in Nappa Black (like the top of the 4M5 Individual leather covered dashboard)
  • The middle part and arm rest in Merino Tartufo
  • Bottom/lower part of door panels/cards in Merino Tartufo
  • B-pillar in Nappa Black
  • Arm rest, lower part of center console and the knee pad in Merino Tartufo
Individual Manufaktur is taking longer than usual to respond to dealer inquiries at this time, normally it was a matter of days to respond but now it can take about a month. But it is available for the i4.

Prices are mostly based on this 2021 catalog but adjusted to G26 interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
My last car was a 440i in Grigio Telesto aka Lamborghini grey. Really lovely mid-grey with subtle metallic sparklies in direct sunlight. Cost me an extra £3K. Total waste of money! Didn’t add a penny to the residuals, and I only kept the car two-and-a-half years.
My Individual 2017 F80 M3 in the photo above sold privately for about 75% of its MSRP in about 37 minutes after posting the 'for sale' thread in the M3 forum, after 5 years of ownership. My 2012 Individual E92 M3 never sold privately after several months for sale in the same forum, it was returned to the dealer because it was a lease. I fondly remember both for being delivered thru European Delivery at the Welt in Munich, including a personal tour of the M Individual studio in Garching each time - that's the place where Individual Manufaktur is done. European Delivery is no longer available in the US, otherwise I would be doing it each time I get a new BMW.

Individual is for your enjoyment, not for a buyer several years later IMO.

·
Registered
747 Posts
@Technic Since I don't have a production number assigned yet not much my CA can do and he seems pretty clueless on the Individual program. Is is possible to request solid Fiona Merino without the two-tone Fiona/Black ?
Full Fiona can be requested, however they tend to overcharge for requests like this when approved. Anything that deviate from standard supplier content - different stitching, bicolor leather, no bicolor leather- get priced in the thousands of dollars without explanation. It is less expensive to cover the center console in leather than changing the color of the stitching of the seats, or replacing the black leather with red in the bicolor seats. The leather dash option (4M5) seems to be the exception of this overpricing, as it can be requested with different stitching or leather color for less than the option price.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i was given the option of "extended" or "full" merino. The extended would leave the dash all black, i think? I was interested in full so i didn't ask in detail.
I would do extended because I don't like the look of the dash not being black. Fiona would be my #1 Merino choice however I dislike the two-tone black and red seats. If Individual is truly that customizable then it would make sense that you can get solid Fiona red seats. If not I will go for Tartufo 2nd or Ivory 3rd
You can request the Full Merino with black leather dash stitched matching the color of the seats; that is what I requested with Full Tartufo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts