BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ask them , i ordered at the beginning of Nov, i am #13 on the list for i4 50, about Aug -sept , they start receiving on feb-mar 2022, so i think they only will receive 2 car per month
Not too bad considering you reserved not long ago. If deliveries really start in feb/mar we should be having more news from those that reserved first soon.

·
Registered
MB GLA
147 Posts
I will be there today so I will ask for my drive 40 what would be my number in the queue and my expected delivery date. I will keep you posted.
OK guys I was St Brossard this afertoon to look mt I4, exactly my color inside and outside :)
I place my order and talk with the director. It appear that they should get a car for road test in May/june :p. He also said that about 1600 I4 will arrive in Canada in 2022, the two most provinces to get those are BC and QC because the subside. Any new order, without reservation, will be for delivery in two years :eek:
It's crazy!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
OK guys I was St Brossard this afertoon to look mt I4, exactly my color inside and outside :)
I place my order and talk with the director. It appear that they should get a car for road test in May/june :p. He also said that about 1600 I4 will arrive in Canada in 2022, the two most provinces to get those are BC and QC because the subside. Any new order, without reservation, will be for delivery in two years :eek:
It's crazy!!!
Thanks for the update!
When you say that you placed your order you mean the reservation or the actual order for your exact configuration?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It is a preorder only to confirm when the slot will be my turn. I could change in the mean time before to go in production.
oh ok, I see.
Nice of your dealer to take that information.
I don't expect to hear much from mine for months 😂

I wonder how many reservations they really have, since the deposit is high I bet they are not crazy numbers regardless of the interest.

In other EV forums people are reserving 2 or 3 cars at the same time from different brands and waiting to see which one arrives first but often the reservations do not require a deposit or is under 500$

·
Registered
MB GLA
147 Posts
oh ok, I see.
Nice of your dealer to take that information.
I don't expect to hear much from mine for months 😂

I wonder how many reservations they really have, since the deposit is high I bet they are not crazy numbers regardless of the interest.

In other EV forums people are reserving 2 or 3 cars at the same time from different brands and waiting to see which one arrives first but often the reservations do not require a deposit or is under 500$
Yep agree with you, cross fingers 🤞

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
It's crazy!!!
I'm not really believing the reasoning on the subsidies. BMW as a whole doesn't care about the subsidies and very unlikely that, there will excess i4s sitting on lots. BMW is taking the same approach as Tesla, building per customer.
I do believe most of the sales will be going to BC & QC because of pre-orders and the 3rd being ON.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone is going to any Montreal area dealers to check out the cars this week or next?
Here is some feedback. The Harman Kardon sound system was not impressive on the demo I4. I expected the hair on the back of my neck to stand up, didn't happen. Adjusted the bass to max, still kind of ordinary. Perhaps the pre-production model is sub-par?

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
Here is some feedback. The Harman Kardon sound system was not impressive on the demo I4. I expected the hair on the back of my neck to stand up, didn't happen. Adjusted the bass to max, still kind of ordinary. Perhaps the pre-production model is sub-par?
Was the hatch closed.? That's odd, I cranked it to just 1/3 and thought it had potential if I could adjust and crank it louder.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts