BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
I think this confirms the spoiler with Shadowline on an M50 will be black

Reactions: ssh

Registered
2023 i4 M50. Frozen Pure Grey, Shadowline, Cognac Sensatec, Open Pore Wood, 861M, 50th
Extended shadowline is basically necessary if you are buying a grey or white m50 car. It just looks strange since you already have many black accents, so having gray mirrors and exterior lines that don't match the car color looks messy. Too many grays. I like the change with black spoiler too. Just would prefer blue calipers that match all the interior blues.

Registered
Absolutely stunning. Just have to get the steering wheel on the right side :)

Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey M Sports Seats Comfort Pack Park Assistant Plus Extended Shadow Line
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thinking of changing the title to

鈥榯he stone chip has landed 馃槼馃槼鈥

Washed the car on Sunday and not there and spotted on Wednesday.

Hood Sky Automotive tire Tire Water

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

I assume that the black is the base material.

The issue is have I just been unlucky or is this the sign of things to come.

A few year ago I had a Subaru Impreza and that got stone chipped on the 1st weekend and after 10 months the car was peppered with stone chip damage.

My 2003 3 Series also suffer from major stone chip damage on the front spoiler and bonnet.

I will buy a repair kit and see if I can cover it but just wondered if anyone else especially with Brooklyn Grey cars have noticed any damage ?

It is a lease car so I am not going to the expense of PPF.

Registered
Thinking of changing the title to

鈥榯he stone chip has landed 馃槼馃槼鈥

Washed the car on Sunday and not there and spotted on Wednesday.

View attachment 16457
View attachment 16458

I assume that the black is the base material.

The issue is have I just been unlucky or is this the sign of things to come.

A few year ago I had a Subaru Impreza and that got stone chipped on the 1st weekend and after 10 months the car was peppered with stone chip damage.

My 2003 3 Series also suffer from major stone chip damage on the front spoiler and bonnet.

I will buy a repair kit and see if I can cover it but just wondered if anyone else especially with Brooklyn Grey cars have noticed any damage ?

It is a lease car so I am not going to the expense of PPF.
Wow. That looks like a perfect chip almost like an eggshell. Have the dealer check if there is paint defect. That looks like it鈥檚 a brittle area. Is there a ding sent there as well. If none than even more so see if the dealer will warranty the repair. Longshot but worth a try.

Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey M Sports Seats Comfort Pack Park Assistant Plus Extended Shadow Line
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Wow. That looks like a perfect chip almost like an eggshell. Have the dealer check if there is paint defect. That looks like it鈥檚 a brittle area. Is there a ding sent there as well. If none than even more so see if the dealer will warranty the repair. Longshot but worth a try.
I have to go to the dealer on Monday so will ask them to check

I鈥檓 not impressed as you can imagine

Registered
I have to go to the dealer on Monday so will ask them to check

I鈥檓 not impressed as you can imagine
It鈥檚 annoying, frustrating and sometimes causes lack of sleep as I know all too well鈥 However, my dad Who was a dean, a professor and an academic always said 鈥 If money can fix it, count your blessings鈥 Unfortunately he鈥檚 no longer around but nonetheless as I get older I understand more and more of his logic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I agree, I was just going to write the same. And we can鈥檛 have the seat belts either which look great and are well worth the $300 you have to pay in some markets.
Seat belts are standard on M50 and part of the M Sport package on the e40 in the U.K.

I had them on my 330e and they looked amazing.

The seats were a 拢800 option and worth every penny.

Why these are not available in the US is a joke.

I found out last week that a key card is available for the US market but not for U.K.

I would have definitely gone for this if available.

Then again I have not seen much logic to many things with BMW in the 12 months I waited for this car.

So perhaps we shouldn鈥檛 be surprised.馃槼

21 - 39 of 39 Posts