BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not a terrible review from someone who has a Tesla and a website that typically caters to Tesla. Same general complaints as usual (not dedicated platform, no frunk, poor packaging, lack of rear seat headroom).

Obviously didn't really drive it that much if his range was so low, based on almost all other anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: Elle BMW and Ken7

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,898 Posts
Not a terrible review from someone who has a Tesla and a website that typically caters to Tesla. Same general complaints as usual (not dedicated platform, no frunk, poor packaging, lack of rear seat headroom).

Obviously didn't really drive it that much if his range was so low, based on almost all other anecdotal evidence.
Yup. Many of us are not only getting over the EPA estimates, but at or in excess of 300 miles with the 19” wheels. His conclusion that in the end he’d take the M3 shocked me almost as much as the sun rising in the morning. To call he and his site ‘Tesla fanboys’ is an understatement of epic proportions. 😆
So considering that, his review of the e40 was as complimentary as one could expect.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,685 Posts
The i4 only comes in the “Gran Coupe” 4-door trim, vs the 4-series gas cars that also come in a 2-door coup and convertible configuration.
As opposed to the Model 3 which comes in a 4-door trim and... Well, that's it for the Tesla, too. Why does he try and make this sound like it's a loss for the i4, but a huge win for the Tesla?

The use of 'Low Effort' in the title sure made me expect no love for the car, so I wasn't surprised he picked the TM3 over the i4, but at least he did seem to struggle to make a case for that verdict.

I am particularly intrigued to know whatever mental gymnastics he had to do in order to have this comment about the Model 3:
Coming from a set of Teslas that sound like I am slamming the silverware drawer every time I close the door, the i4 felt solid all around.
...and yet reach this conclusion:
If you compare a Model 3 to this, the Model 3 is going to be faster and a much better packaged vehicle, both smaller and with more passenger/people room.
o_O

Sorry, but anyone who is that biased, while pretending not to be is just not reputable or credible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As opposed to the Model 3 which comes in a 4-door trim and... Well, that's it for the Tesla, too. Why does he try and make this sound like it's a loss for the i4, but a huge win for the Tesla?

The use of 'Low Effort' in the title sure made me expect no love for the car, so I wasn't surprised he picked the TM3 over the i4, but at least he did seem to struggle to make a case for that verdict.

I am particularly intrigued to know whatever mental gymnastics he had to do in order to have this comment about the Model 3:

...and yet reach this conclusion:

o_O

Sorry, but anyone who is that biased, while pretending not to be is just not reputable or credible.
I guess he cares more about the comfort of a 5th passenger that he carries once a year than actual driving experience and build quality!

Oh, and a frunk... it can’t be an EV without a frunk!! 😆

·
Registered
83 Posts
Given that Tesla is very vindictive of anyone who dares to speak ill of them, he pretty much says i4 is a better car without explicitly spelling it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts