BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would love to see this car in all black. But I understand that the white and blue communicate 'clean' better than a stealthy black.

Even in white though the grill definitely works better here than it does on the G2X/G8X.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not liking the wheel well gaps and wheel offsets, somethings off... maybe its just the pre-prod images but it just doesn't look quite right. I suspect they have lifted the ride height a bit to compensate for the battery underneath, like they did for the MINI SE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not liking the wheel well gaps and wheel offsets, somethings off... maybe its just the pre-prod images but it just doesn't look quite right. I suspect they have lifted the ride height a bit to compensate for the battery underneath, like they did for the MINI SE.
They did. Polestar did the same thing recently with the Polestar 2. Tesla seemed to avoid this with the Model 3 and the Model S.

The non-Tesla EV lift:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sadly this is what happens when you make an EV out of a platform also meant for ICE.

We'll have to wait until 2025 for a dedicated EV platform (even tho they had one in 2014 cough i3 cough)
"BMW will introduce an electric-focused platform and software underpinnings in 2025 for a new set of vehicles called New Class (Neue Klasse in German), reminiscent of a range of models made in the 1960s."

·
Registered
186 Posts
Would love to see this car in all black. But I understand that the white and blue communicate 'clean' better than a stealthy black.

Even in white though the grill definitely works better here than it does on the G2X/G8X.
What do you think about the iX in this dark gray? Chances are it will also be on the i4.

@Inside found that image and posting it here: 2022 BMW i4 Official Photos

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sadly this is what happens when you make an EV out of a platform also meant for ICE.

We'll have to wait until 2025 for a dedicated EV platform (even tho they had one in 2014 cough i3 cough)
"BMW will introduce an electric-focused platform and software underpinnings in 2025 for a new set of vehicles called New Class (Neue Klasse in German), reminiscent of a range of models made in the 1960s."
I really hope the gaps are not as bad in person.

·
Registered
171 Posts

I think the grille looks on the i4 than the M3/M4 because of the pattern BMW picked for the i4. Even though it's the same size it looks less imposing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tried to see if I could catch a good shot of the interior. This was the best I could get. Looks like the new curved screen is much lower mounted than on the ix. Which makes sense since this is a sedan and not SUV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts