BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
952 Posts
Where does a person drive a car fast in Hong Kong?

I've been there a handful of times, and it doesn't seem like the place for some 'top down/wind in the hair' sporty driving?

Also: Congrats!

·
Registered
7 Posts
super VIP and congrats for picking up the car.
i) What's the insurance like for an EV car like yours?
ii) any luck with Apple Carplay?
iii) iDrive 8 okay orbuggy? I tried it in showroom and use the voice reconigiton,look okay to use in HK

·
Registered
2021 G26 i4 M50
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where does a person drive a car fast in Hong Kong?

I've been there a handful of times, and it doesn't seem like the place for some 'top down/wind in the hair' sporty driving?

Also: Congrats!
There are some hilly areas with lots of curves, should be fun but haven't tried yet. But yeah in the city it has been in comfort mode most of the time.

Thanks !! In HK they take away a number of useful features like Android Auto and Camera Recording for some reason, if not this car would have been perfect. Now still excellent though...

·
Registered
2021 G26 i4 M50
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
super VIP and congrats for picking up the car.
i) What's the insurance like for an EV car like yours?
ii) any luck with Apple Carplay?
iii) iDrive 8 okay orbuggy? I tried it in showroom and use the voice reconigiton,look okay to use in HK
I ended up going for Liberty Insurance, it is almost 50% less than the quote I got from Allianz / Sime Derby.

Nope. I have an Android phone, but same deal... Would really like it if it can somehow be added back.

iDrive 8 takes a bit of getting used to. If you are strictly talking about voice recognition, it is garbage (the Cantonese part anyway). I tried it a few times then figured it is not ready for prime time yet. With luck it may recognize your wake up phase like 1 out of 4 or 5 times. Maybe my music is turned up too much?? Also the only languages available are Cantonese, Mandarin, and UK English. Would have been nice if they throw in US English too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are some hilly areas with lots of curves, should be fun but haven't tried yet. But yeah in the city it has been in comfort mode most of the time.

Thanks !! In HK they take away a number of useful features like Android Auto and Camera Recording for some reason, if not this car would have been perfect. Now still excellent though...
-The Hong Kong–ZhuhaiMacau Bridge (HZMB) is a 55-kilometre (34 mi) bridge–tunnel system
-Sai kung morning ride for wind in the air country side riding with fresh forrest air

-Tai Mo Shan for curves

-tuen mun highway to airport and #3 high way for 110KM with high speed curve

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up going for Liberty Insurance, it is almost 50% less than the quote I got from Allianz / Sime Derby.

Nope. I have an Android phone, but same deal... Would really like it if it can somehow be added back.

iDrive 8 takes a bit of getting used to. If you are strictly talking about voice recognition, it is garbage (the Cantonese part anyway). I tried it a few times then figured it is not ready for prime time yet. With luck it may recognize your wake up phase like 1 out of 4 or 5 times. Maybe my music is turned up too much?? Also the only languages available are Cantonese, Mandarin, and UK English. Would have been nice if they throw in US English too.
Thank you for your advices.

·
Registered
7 Posts

got anything upgrade after you got the car. Do complain to my sales that Benz EQA have an option to install camera wiring for extra $500, I asked them whether BMW have this same kind of service and he said no. Would like to know have you do the camera wiring? and additional wire for phone ( I still trust my google/waze GPS on my phone. )

·
Registered
2021 G26 i4 M50
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I try to refrain from doing aftermarket mods (had some horror stories, don't want to relive the experience). I am more into coding though, hopefully something can be done down the road to activate Android Auto, Car Drive Recording, and the like...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I try to refrain from doing aftermarket mods (had some horror stories, don't want to relive the experience). I am more into coding though, hopefully something can be done down the road to activate Android Auto, Car Drive Recording, and the like...
you think Car drive recording is on the car but HK distributor disable it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts