BMW i4 Forum banner

This seems new?

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  J_P 
#1 ·
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Anyone else have a 2023 version yet?

I guess my recall was done, after all. I just don't understand why it took 2 or 3 days for the car to let the app know it had happened?

See less See more
Reactions: Elle BMW
#2 ·
Yes there are others who have 3/2023, but no one has gotten it OTA. Always has been installed by dealer so far.

#4 ·
I did not, but I just updated the app again.

#6 ·
I thought that this was to precondition the battery before driving, not to precondition the battery while already in the car.
I’ll go look in the car.

#7 ·
It was not there, but I haven’t been able to update apps in nine weeks, so I’m doing that now.
Done, and I do not have a tile in Charging for preconditioning.

#8 ·
It's already been reported that 3/2023 doesn't have the preconditioning option for pre-November 2022 builds.

If we are ever going to get it, I wouldn't have expected it until the 7/2023 build because of the software development/testing time involved.

#9 ·
Yeah, there’s nothing in my onboard owners manual about battery preconditioning, either. I thought the car would do it for charging stops?

#10 ·
I thought the car would do it for charging stops?
It does if you use the BMW navigation. But I really don't like their software, hence the desire to be able to have manual preconditioning that I can use with my own choice of navigation app (Waze).

Full story here - Pre-Conditioning Battery Option

#14 ·
Based on that quote from the pdf manual, the reason I can’t find battery preconditioning is because they don’t call it that? Pre-temperature of the battery? Maybe it makes more sense in German.

#15 ·
I put in my VIN here BMW Owner's Manuals - BMW USA to get my car's specific manual, and pretty much the same text is there, on page 287. Seems to be better translated for US cars.

When guidance to a DC charging station has been started, the high-voltage battery is preheated/precooled as much as possible until the destination is reached. This increases the charging capacity during the charging process and shortens the charging time. Preheating/precooling considers factors such as remaining range or outside temperatures.

#15 ·
#16 ·
@rollermonkey your version may have the CarPlay fix. Not sure if you can check though CarPlay GPS Inaccurate
From what I understood, extricating yourself from CarPlay and going back to the native apps/systems is far more difficult than setting it up. That’s why I wanted to see if I liked the BMW nav before making any decision. I have decided that I like the BMW stuff just fine, so I will not be the Guinea pig on that. 🤗👍

#18 ·
No one here knows

#19 ·
I downloaded the manual for my VIN today as well and there is a battery thermal management section that says preconditioning can be activated manually.
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

#20 ·
Manual for my VIN doesn't mention the manual way of doing it in the same section. The part number and date of the manual are different also, mine is

Online Edition for Part no. 01405A546C7 - II/22

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh
#22 ·
@tonyquan, here's one to put on your list... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.