BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
Has anyone on the Board had worse damage than mine yet?

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Square-on, with the door closed:
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Touchup paint is the least of my troubles. It may be months before parts come in, and months before a body shop can even get to it.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: Feeb

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
yes unfortunately........I was experimenting with "B" mode driving. Pulling into a parking space and it wasn't slowing enough, I panicked and went to apply the brakes, but hit the accellerator pedal instead and hit an exterior bld wall. Luckily it was mostly dry wall, but the repair estimate is $6500, because I scratched the $2800 right headlight. Entire front facia has to be replaced (BMW says only two available in the world), now waiting for it to arrive, so the car ca be repaired.
Aw, that sucks. I definitely can understand that the need to remove pedal pressure is counter-intuitive when wanting to slow or stop. I find myself using B-mode less as time goes on, and certainly nowhere near as much as I used OPD in the TM3 I had.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My wife opened out SUV door into the i4 this weekend… luckily no and just clear coat, so I feel good about doing that one myself.
Before I had even signed my contracts, let alone left the dealership, I had changed the rear hatch setting to open the minimum amount, specifically so I couldn't hit the tailgate on anything in my garage before I knew how far I could actually open it.

With my garage door down, I could open it to 4 of 5, and with the garage door up, I could open it to 3 of 5.

I have it set to 2 of 5 now, and just accept that hitting my skull is preferred to the car hitting the ceiling. 🤪

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Wow, can’t help but notice that most people with scratches, chips, and dings on this thread have Tanzanite! Unlucky color? I hope not, because it’s gorgeous. Maybe other colors hide scratches and dings better? Or Tanzanite owners notice/care more because they spent extra?
Nah. The drivers of Aventurine red, Sapphire Black, and the various grays are just too embarrassed to admit to their accidents.
Tanzanites are getting targeted by jealous b!+(#e$, those folks are wrecking their own cars.

;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts