BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2022 i4 e40, Tanzanite w/ Mocha Interior
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, someone was kind enough to slam their door into my car and managed to get a decent chunk of paint off. It's going to bug me, so I'd like to get it fixed sooner rather than later. Should I bother trying to touch it up myself or just take it somewhere? If I go the do-it-myself route, should I stick with the official BMW Tanzanite Blue kit or is there something better out there?

Water Atmosphere Liquid Fluid Astronomical object

Registered
2022 i4 e40, Tanzanite w/ Mocha Interior
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wow, can鈥檛 help but notice that most people with scratches, chips, and dings on this thread have Tanzanite! Unlucky color? I hope not, because it鈥檚 gorgeous. Maybe other colors hide scratches and dings better? Or Tanzanite owners notice/care more because they spent extra?
The chip in my door probably isn't noticeable to anyone other than me. But I saw it immediately when walking to my car. I ordered some touch-up paint from BMW, so I'll see how it is once it arrives.

Slightly off tangent, but the shipping on the touch-up paint was almost $30! I guess it would get hand delivered in an i7, the package safely buckled into the backseat. I chose to pick it up, instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts