BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
But on the other hand, have you seen how they drive? With 5-10 meters between them, or even less?
It's to reduce drag and can have a significant fuel economy benefit. Adaptive cruise control would be perfect for this.

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's to reduce drag and can have a significant fuel economy benefit. Adaptive cruise control would be perfect for this.
Understandable, but it's called tailgating, and this is dangerous and illegal.
In The Netherlands the police are not even able to put an amount on the ticket....it has to pass the district attorney. He will define the amount in court.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My scariest incident driving was two youngsters in hot hatches trying this with me (and various other 'tricks'). I'd been out walking for the day with my wife, chilled out, night time, not many cars, dual carriageway, cruise control on 80mph. For some reason, these two decided I would be fun to 'play' with. All sorts of crap, including boxing me in (one in front and one alongside then slowing right down). I never engage with this sort of crap (I'm a Mercedes driver ;)) but it went on for about 5 miles before I managed to lose one of them by doing a late exit off the dual carriageway. Even then the other one followed me for another three miles before he gave up and went. By that time I was working out which was the nearest police station I could drive to! Sadly, I was concentrating so much on my driving that I didn't think to get the wife to video it so I could give it to the police.

I'm a pretty forgiving sort of person but there is definitely part of me that hopes they later went on to have a 'life changing' car accident.

Sorry to go OT.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts