BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Im shocked about the UAE numbers.

I would assume a electric BMW would be very interesting for them due to their love for cars

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fun fact: there is a strong correlation between Google trends and real car sales, at least with Tesla:

Slope Rectangle Plot Font Parallel

So, 馃敭. I'm betting on those I4 sales for 2022:
  1. Norway: 13000
  2. Germany: 5800
  3. Netherlands: 2600
  4. Belgium: 2500
  5. Austria: 1500
  6. Portugal : 850
  7. Sweden: 800
  8. Switzerland: 720
  9. Denmark: 660
  10. Finland: 450
  11. France: 110
  12. Italy: 70
  13. Spain: 40
  14. Ireland: 20
  15. Greece: 10

Registered
Fun fact: there is a strong correlation between Google trends and real car sales, at least with Tesla:

So, 馃敭. I'm betting on those I4 sales for 2022:
  1. Norway: 13000
  2. Germany: 5800
  3. Netherlands: 2600
  4. Belgium: 2500
  5. Austria: 1500
  6. Portugal : 850
  7. Sweden: 800
  8. Switzerland: 720
  9. Denmark: 660
  10. Finland: 450
  11. France: 110
  12. Italy: 70
  13. Spain: 40
  14. Ireland: 20
  15. Greece: 10
I don't know why I expect France's sales to be higher. Maybe because a few weeks ago all the reviews we saw were from France.

BMWs are very common in Greece but the i4 is also an EV so until the infrastructure is here the sales will be low.
Is not an expensive car the e40 so it might go well. AFIK there are like 25+ Taycans sold here so ot might go better.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know why I expect France's sales to be higher. Maybe because a few weeks ago all the reviews we saw were from France.
In France there is a big hype for Tesla, we also have a lot of national manufacturers who propose their new EV
and maybe people who wanted a powerful EV already have their TM3, which they will keep for a few years.

One thing is certain: I4 is more expensive than a lot of other EVs and its "ICE look" + fat grille are far from unanimous here 馃槱

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BMWs are very common in Greece but the i4 is also an EV so until the infrastructure is here the sales will be low.
Is not an expensive car the e40 so it might go well. AFIK there are like 25+ Taycans sold here so ot might go better.
I looked at the 2019 data to compare sales and interest, Greece's data was decorrelated from the others. But with the economic improvement, sales should go up!

Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
Interesting to see Portugal with Norway in Europe top. You don鈥檛 see many teslas in Lisbon. The model S is and was always priced above tax incentives for companies (62,5k+vat) so doesn鈥檛 get many sales here. Even the used market is very small. For model 3 you see a few more, mostly the facelift standard or long range versions as they are within the tax limit range. Very rarely you see a model 3 performance. The i4 e40 and m50 even fully equipped are below the tax limit with corporate discount so I bet we will see a lot of them here next year

Registered
I was checking stats and in Portugal sales os EV are rising this year (dark blue) from 19-20 (lighter blues). Around double.

Slope Plot Rectangle Font Parallel

in September and in the ytd jan-set Tesla is leading the EV sales.

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Registered
In Athens' centre there is a "green ring" (big area) and today they announced that only EVs (not +hybrids like until now) will allowed without restrictions.
Also there is an up to 6k discount from the government for evs. My i4e40 will go from 68k down to 62k.
So there is motivation.

But you have to have the infrastructure/chargers to make it compelling and there is a long way to go.
It's kind of Catch-22.
You need chargers to convince people to buy EVs but companies need EVs to be convinced to build charging stations.

Registered
In Athens' centre there is a "green ring" (big area) and today they announced that only EVs (not +hybrids like until now) will allowed without restrictions.
Also there is an up to 6k discount from the government for evs. My i4e40 will go from 68k down to 62k.
So there is motivation.

But you have to have the infrastructure/chargers to make it compelling and there is a long way to go.
It's kind of Catch-22.
You need chargers to convince people to buy EVs but companies need EVs to be convinced to build charging stations.
Great initiative for the green ring!

In Lisbon the 鈥渮er鈥 - zone of reduced emission - is only in city center and is limited to鈥 Euro4!) so 2005 diesels are ok).

Registered
So there is motivation.

It's kind of Catch-22.
Great initiative for the green ring!

In Lisbon the 鈥渮er鈥 - zone of reduced emission - is only in city center and is limited to鈥 Euro4!) so 2005 diesels are ok).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So there is motivation.

It's kind of Catch-22.
Where I live the measures are more radical: a "zero car ring": cars are banned from the city center. In the rest of the town the main roads have been cut in two: left lane for cars, right lane for buses and bikes.
I think that there will be no more big individual vehicles in towns, just bikes, public transport and very small electric cars

Registered
Where I live the measures are more radical: a "zero car ring": cars are banned from the city center. In the rest of the town the main roads have been cut in two: left lane for cars, right lane for buses and bikes.
I think that there will be no more big individual vehicles in towns, just bikes, public transport and very small electric cars
Some parts of Athens (around Acropolis and some other places) have become for pedestrians only. They used to be large roads with lots of traffic, but now is pavement for people.
I think there are some part with zero cars (although they are still roads) around the so called "historical center".
Public transportation is OK if you consider the Metro.

Someone said that the current X3 is at the same size of the first X5. We know that there is a trend to make new models even bigger and wider.
That's obviously not good for city driving.
Our i4 is not a small car by any means but...
Forehead Hair Chin Eyebrow Beard

(I should have put this in the funny stuff)

Registered
Someone said that the current X3 is at the same size of the first X5. We know that there is a trend to make new models even bigger and wider.
That's obviously not good for city driving.
Our i4 is not a small car by any means but...
The i4 is actually bigger than 5 series E39! only rear seat height is more limited
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light Wheel Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts