BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You are sure that Google trends is up to date?
yes.

Google Trends is a powerful tool for many subjects, I'm amazed by the correlation (0,98 !!) between the TM3 trends and its sales.

I'm not used to YouTube, but the number of views seems to depend on a lot of things in addition to the interest : visibility of the video, clickbait design, competition from other channels, links from social networks...

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
YouTube trends since the 13 Oct. reviews
View attachment 2082
I think this pattern will be normal for the following months. (interesting to see that PT leans to the Blue;))

1. There are no i4's on the road, inventory at dealerships for immediate purchase or shorter lead times.

2. You can buy now a new Tesla model 3 or choose from a decent amount of used cars for sale, but you have to wait 5 ~ 6 months or maybe more for an i4.

3. In most countries the i4 hasn't event been launched or seen by the public - in PT the official presentation is on Nov 2, a single day event and demo cars at dealerships only in the end of the year / beginning next year.

4. Lets also not forget that Tesla is also an established brand in electric market and it sells cheaper cars. And if competition soars, Tesla might do additional price drops.

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
239 Posts
These cars are less common than the model 3:
View attachment 2088
Where PT prefers Mercedes ;)

I'm afraid it's the 20th century look that doesn't match (or Hans Zimmer)
;) in PT there are a lot of Mercedes (until some years ago, even taxis were mainly mercedes). But I doubt that eqs/eqe will be a big hit, they are in the Etron GT / Taycan price range which both offer much better design (and status) imo...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts