BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
274 Posts
Nope, it's working fine for me without the need of a reset. I just had to update the in-car apps and enable the tracking of trips in the options.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
274 Posts
Why am I not surprised… between this and the other issue I’m having with the Digital assistant not working properly methinks it’s time BMW replaced the unit.
I think your unit needs a factory reset. It's not the first time I've heard of various strange malfunctions. Especially if the dealer installed a SW upgrade but neglected to do a SW factory reset.

That means you have to do all settings from scratch (which is probably why the dealer doesn't want to do this), but it seems to be the right thing to do after any major update (also, as a SW developer, I have to say this is poor SW design by BMW's engineers!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your unit needs a factory reset. It's not the first time I've heard of various strange malfunctions. Especially when the dealer installed an SW upgrade but neglected to do a SW factory reset.

That means you have to do all settings from scratch (which is probably why the dealer doesn't want to do this), but it seems to be the right thing to do after any major update (also, as a SW developer, I have to say this is poor SW design by BMW's engineers!)
Thanks @Grestorn They actually had it in the workshop ten days ago to do just that (allegedly!) That fixed an problem whereby the car was not receiving map instructions from the app, but the voice command issue persisted.

I’m back with them again tomorrow afternoon so will report back after that! 🫡

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, apologies to the many thousands waiting on news about this. Got it sorted!

For some reason, the selection of certain navigation search filters can cause this malfunction, if it is even that.

Basically, to avoid my particular bit of bother, you must:
  1. Sort search results by relevance
  2. In ‘Filter Search Results By,’ make sure the ‘Nearby Charging Stations’ box is unticked.
And there you have it 😁

·
Registered
2022 i4eDrive 40,19"860M,MSport,Sapphire Black,Vern Oyster, DAPP,PAP,Comf Acc, HK, Innovation
644 Posts
This element of the app is not working so well. It won’t record unless I do a hard reset of the iDrive first. Not very impressive really.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Not quite the same , but the synchronization between BMW Cloud and app does not appear to reflect the reality….
% of battery is always synched, range is showing different figures…., small problems, nothing really serious 🧐

·
Registered
2022 i4eDrive 40,19"860M,MSport,Sapphire Black,Vern Oyster, DAPP,PAP,Comf Acc, HK, Innovation
644 Posts
You can see the total amount of energy you have used for a trip and the average speed. I love this. I wish they will add that to the display in the vehicle too.

View attachment 15877
That’s a very good range…7,35 km with 1 KWh….., it’s impressive. Do you regen a lot in th “B” position?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not quite the same , but the synchronization between BMW Cloud and app does not appear to reflect the reality….
% of battery is always synched, range is showing different figures…., small problems, nothing really serious 🧐
More or less since that restart, the app has been working perfectly. Case closed for moi.

Now if I could ask BMW to change one thing, it would be to reduce the amount of screen real estate used by the trip computer. It's way too much. iDrive 7 did it much better. There should be a capability to fit in the map or some other information alongside the trip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What kinds of kWh/100mi have you been seeing? I'm seeing anywhere from ~28-45 kWh/100mi, what's the lowest people have been seeing?

I also agree that consistency would be nice, specifically, aligning on the mi/kWh across the console and app would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
What kinds of kWh/100mi have you been seeing? I'm seeing anywhere from ~28-45 kWh/100mi, what's the lowest people have been seeing?

I also agree that consistency would be nice, specifically, aligning on the mi/kWh across the console and app would be helpful.
Hmmm... looking at trips for the past two weeks...

48, 33.6, 51.7, 34.8, 29.2, 33.2, 33.6, 33.8, 31.3, 30.3, 40.6, 45.4, 43.6, 42.7, 43, 41.9, 39.3, 41.8, 41.7, 39.4, 40.2, 38.1, 35.4, 33.7, 33.9, 31.8, 30.3, 32.8, 32.9, 44.2, 27

The numbers are all over the place. I don't see how this is useful to me. I'm going to keep an eye on the mi/kWh and use that. I do see that when it's cold, I'm going "uphill" (from St. Louis to Boulder), and I'm traveling at highway speeds (75mph speed limit), I use more energy (those 40s).

·
Registered
644 Posts
Do you have any issues finding working charging points in Italy? I am considering driving to the Pescara region from U.K. next year.
I would say no. On the highway you can find a lot of Ionity, BMW charging card is accepted everywhere Ionity, e-on, A2A, ENi and a lot of Hotels have their own charging points. Look in the app where the charging points are. I lieve in Milan, but i have never been to Pescara by car…. i enclose the map showing charging points, but on the map you have everything ( AC,DC,HPDC…)
Product Font Gadget Circle Technology
World Map Rectangle Sky Font

1 - 20 of 23 Posts