BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I normally use Continental DWS and they aren't that expensive here in the US.

Even on my X5 with the optional 20" wheels.and tires I'm out of no more than $1200 (US) a set.
Someone has incorrect information.

I can't imagine $3k for a set of tires.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
In talking to my current leasing agent, she has just told me that the projected cost of tyre replacement is around £700 per tyre. Surely this is wrong, as a quick look at BlackCircles.com shows far cheaper (but not specifically rated for EV's) Welcome to the Blackcircles.com Help & Support Centre

Anyone have a view on this?
Does you mean over the duration of the lease period?
700*4= 2800 over 4 years ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does you mean over the duration of the lease period?
700*4= 2800 over 4 years ?
No, the lease broker lady was saying to me it might be wise to take the maintenance package as each tyre is £700 to replace. I replaced the rears on my Model 3 P @ 15k miles, so over the three year lease period that's at least one full set of 4 all round in 3 years, probably on the third set of rears at that rate. That would be around £4,200. I don't believe they can be £700 each.

Is there any info out there as to whether they need to be rated for EV use? For example, the ones on my Model 3 P are a 'T0' designation i.e. Tesla approved, but even they are only £220 per tyre, and that's for a 245/35 on a 20" rim.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can you not leave the tyres out of your lease?
They are probably just looking 544bhp, 795nm torque and this for 2.2 ton…. This will eat tyres at a high rate ;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I intend to leave them out. They are part of the maintenance package which I’m not taking. There’s not much to maintain in an EV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was £17 per month extra to add maintenance to my lease which includes services and tyres. It’s a no brainer at that price!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was £17 per month extra to add maintenance to my lease which includes services and tyres. It’s a no brainer at that price!
At tht price i would agree. Mine's quoting £40 pm though. Which is a shame, as the actual lease deal is really good. I'll just leave out the maintenance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts