BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you, Bob. My salesguy is insistent that they production numbers are not available. Seems odd that some dealers have them while others don't.
Sounds like he's either too lazy to check, doesn't know what he's doing, or more likely might just be commenting that the # hasn't assigned yet on this screen he can see
Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device Software
?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thank you, Bob. My salesguy is insistent that they production numbers are not available. Seems odd that some dealers have them while others don't.
My dealer's "senior genius" also says my order has not been assigned a production number yet. I think they go by order of pre-order date, I paid my deposit late September, and BMW assigned production orders all the way to late March already (most people that got them say they put their deposit in June) so their Q1 2022 production US allotment is filled, I would expect they are negotiating with BMW Group the allotment for Q2 2022. I deliberately waited for Q1 and Q2 2022 to be sold out before I put in my deposit to avoid an early production car, but my dealer said there were several cancellations in the dealership, so I might end up being in the Q2 allotment, and I expect to be notified early-mid January. I suggest not to harass too much your salespeople, this seems more like a BMW USA to BMW Group (Germany) discussion. Germany got 152 in November, the Netherlands 54, France 20, and Norway 2. The UK is one of the key markets for BMW too, and they got none so far. Our turn will come, but we are far down the list due to "our" love for SUVs and our weak charging infrastructure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also got my production number recently. Placed my pre-order for an i4 M50 on 6/1, was able to select options at the dealership on 11/16, got production number on 12/2. It's still showing as just "order received" though, no production date scheduled yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I placed my pre-order 8/28/21 and just now got the dealer to confirm my config. They gave me a delivery date of July-Aug 2022

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your production # appeared where? It looks like you need a production number or VIN to load a car into your My Garage.
You'll have to get it from your dealer. They should be able to provide you a "vehicle inquiry report" that lists out your order. If a production number has been assigned it will appear on the top of that report.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I just re-checked mine (pre-order late September) - no production number yet, still 47 - spec released no quota, and he also said none of his other customers in the dealership got theirs either. I think BMW is waiting for finalization of their Saturday shift in Munich before committing (I'm in the "summer 2022 batch", not the "june 2022 batch").

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just re-checked mine (pre-order late September) - no production number yet, still 47 - spec released no quota, and he also said none of his other customers in the dealership got theirs either. I think BMW is waiting for finalization of their Saturday shift in Munich before committing (I'm in the "summer 2022 batch", not the "june 2022 batch").
Where do you check this?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Where do you check this?
Sorry, it's a figure of speech. I e-mailed my dealer (in my case, the senior genius who takes care of the purchases to my dealership. I'm blessed with a dealer who answers my e-mails within a few minutes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a production number and build date from my dealer.
Build date: Week 14
Pre-order date: First week of June 2021
Sent build date to dealer early Dec
Spec: eDrive40 Sport
Color: Tanzanite blue

Does anyone know how susceptible to delays these build dates are at this point?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got a production number and build date from my dealer.
Build date: Week 14
Pre-order date: First week of June 2021
Sent build date to dealer early Dec
Spec: eDrive40 Sport
Color: Tanzanite blue

Does anyone know how susceptible to delays these build dates are at this point?
If you have a build week; unless they have some part sourcing issues or a factory issue it's not changing much. They know how fast the line runs. Once your car goes into production status you can track better.

Shipping is probably a bigger variable since they don't control all aspects.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Received production number today for build last week March per dealer
pre order 6/1
order submitted 12/11

But My Garage was down- does that happen often??

·
Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
126 Posts
Still at 47 on mine, Ordered end of Nov, order placed into dealer bank at the beginning of Dec.

Looks like mine will likely be a MY2023, which I'm fine with.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts