BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s been almost a month since I placed my order. I’ve never ordered a new car before, I normally buy used so the gratification is almost instant. 😂 Now I’m metaphorically pacing the room just waiting for a build slot, let alone the actual delivery of the car.

So fellow Brits - what news? Do any of you have build slots yet?

It’s not the wait that’s bugging me, it’s the not knowing. Anyone else? 😎

·
2,267 Posts
It’s not the wait that’s bugging me, it’s the not knowing. Anyone else? 😎
This grabs it all in one sentence, it is indeed not the waiting but the not knowing...
It bothers me a lot how BMW communicates with their buyers: NOT!!!!
What also bugs me is that some of our American friends were misled and given a production date, but when the day finally arrived, the whole shebang was postponed... terrifying...
I emailed my dealer yesterday, I'm still waiting for their reply...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed mine last week, I don’t dare chase him up again this week!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I haven't seen anybody post here that they have a UK build slot. I ordered at the start of December and from what I have read here, I don't expect to get a build slot before March at the earliest,

Reactions: Baker Canada

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kicking myself for not ordering an Ioniq 5 now, Hyundai reckoned a month at most for delivery. Shame I didn’t actually like driving it. 😁

Reactions: Gunninglike

·
Registered
I4 edrive 40 M Sport, Portimao Blue
45 Posts
I think all that most us have is a tentative date, I ordered back in September but don’t think it was actually ordered by the dealer then.

I’ve seen a screenshot of the order from the dealer which shows a status of 111 for mine (edrive 40). From what I gather this means accepted but the key status is 112, which is scheduled for production.

The other dates on the screenshot seemed to suggest a mid to late May slot but I was told that could come forward.

it seems most car manaufactuers are in the same boat at the moment.

·
Registered
i4 M50
189 Posts
I've explained my situation but will explain it again for the UK specific thread. :)

I preordered on 6th June, not sure when my actual order was placed but dealer was originally telling me November build and December 30th 2021 delivery (didn't expect that to be correct anyway).

Status went to 111 on 11th November with expected build week of 15 and delivery week of 16 (impossible if build week is 15, delivery week would have to be 19 - 21).

Still not in status 112!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well us 'Johnny come latelies' are screwed then 😢

·
Registered
i4 M50
189 Posts
Well us 'Johnny come latelies' are screwed then 😢
Probably depends a lot on what you ordered though - mine is an M50 with Frozen Portimao and a lot of options. I think the eDrive 40 looks like they are arriving before a lot of M50s are, and I think the individual paint can add time to the order, but it's not been clear about whether adding a "standard" Individual paint (like Frozen Portimao) adds a lot of time or only the "real" Individual ones where it's actually a custom colour.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do you see your status? Do I need to annoy my dealer some more? 😁

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Squirrel, I just want to know I'm in line at BMW and not the Dealership.

I put in an order last Sunday and got the signed paperwork back from the dealer on Thursday. I did asked them before signing if they had an allocation and they emailed me back saying they did. On the paperwork they've put an arbitrary 8 months on the estimated delivery.

I was wondering, how long did it take to get a production number or a number you could use to track your order directly with BMW? Was it days or months? Can I find it out from BMW directly?

Cheers
Gi

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
i4 M50
189 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Squirrel, I just want to know I'm in line at BMW and not the Dealership.

I put in an order last Sunday and got the signed paperwork back from the dealer on Thursday. I did asked them before signing if they had an allocation and they emailed me back saying they did. On the paperwork they've put an arbitrary 8 months on the estimated delivery.

I was wondering, how long did it take to get a production number or a number you could use to track your order directly with BMW? Was it days or months? Can I find it out from BMW directly?

Cheers
Gi

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
You will need an order number or VIN (you will get the order number way before the VIN) to track with BMW. Unfortunately with online genius being broken you have to call BMW if you want to get an update directly from them.

Once your dealer has actually placed the order they should be able to give you an order number, mine is 7 digits, you should be able to ask them for it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Peter. BMW can't help unless I have an order number, but my dealer hasn't given me one. I've emailed the dealer, but he's out until Monday now.

Honestly. Buying stuff shouldn't be this complicated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure what is worse, not being told anything about your order, or being given 5 'updates' so far over the course of few weeks all progressively later.
I've ordered through my company lease scheme in November, who order from Sytner corporate lease, then BMW, it makes me wonder who is playing tunes with my order and wasting their time sending dates that have no basis of truth. I sort of knew the first April date was optimistic but now they're predicting August I'm hoping they are getting better at guessing with practice 😆
Anyone else with a similar story?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I chased my dealer today, and now I have an order number. 😎 And a promise that he’ll get back to me at the end of February with an update. Hey ho. Good job I’m not desperate for the new car to arrive.

I was told April too - I didn’t believe it then and I certainly don’t believe it now!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I posted this elsewhere but I got am email from the dealer this week to say that BMW had updated my estimated delivery to May/June. I ordered in early December. I try and take these estimates with a large pinch of salt but I have got a bit excited as I guessed I wouldn't see the car before September.

I'm sure this post will come back to bite me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is good news! Fingers crossed for you.

I hope your dealer is right, because I placed my order in late December so that means my car would arrive before the end of the summer too. 😂

1 - 20 of 222 Posts