BMW i4 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

· Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I phoned BMW UK and they gave me current status on my M50 ordered July 2021 - in production and scheduled to be at my dealer - Inchcape Reading - mid May. Everythong comes to those await - eventually
Cool - so Inchcape Reading are actually getting a few cars through. Good news!

· Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys, I've sent 3 emails over the past month to the sales manager at the dealership and they they have all been ignored.

Being a Mid-Jan order, I've at status 47 for a while, and I don't see that changing overnight without some major news from the factory.

Would anyone know when the factory does their big rounds of allocation planning, production planning or whatever it might be called. Is it bi-annual, quarterly, etc?

Thanks
Gi

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

· Registered
I4 edrive 40 M Sport, Portimao Blue
45 Posts
Hey guys, I've sent 3 emails over the past month to the sales manager at the dealership and they they have all been ignored.

Being a Mid-Jan order, I've at status 47 for a while, and I don't see that changing overnight without some major news from the factory.

Would anyone know when the factory does their big rounds of allocation planning, production planning or whatever it might be called. Is it bi-annual, quarterly, etc?

Thanks
Gi

I’d imagine you could be in for a wait, anything up to 9 - 12 months.

Ironically a smaller dealership might have some allocation - there is a guy who works at BMW Tring that has ordered cars on Jan and delivered in March.

So a bit of ringing around might yeild some results, there are cancellations out there too that you might be able to get.

· Registered
25 Posts
If you are still in 047 let's hope that this news is either overstated or doesn't affect you - Confirmed build dates and orders UK
Oh no, that's a PR disaster, given how hard they hit the advertising budget. No wonder my sales manager hasn't said anything, he must be pissed none of his staff are going get commission this year.

I guess a lot of dealers don't want to be paying back deposits, and that's a lot of cars for the factory to be carrying over into 2023 production capacity.

So all in all I think it's time for me to accept, if I am to get an M50 it will now likely be a secondhand one, if at all.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I received a letter from my dealer the other day, inviting me to an event where I can - get this - buy myself a shiny new BMW!

I haven’t bothered responding. I very much doubt I’ll ever buy another new BMW. It’s not the wait that’s winding me up, it’s the total lack of interest from the dealer. I appreciate there are only so many ways to say ‘sorry, still no news’, but it would be nice to hear it just occasionally. Just to let me know my order hasn’t been forgotten.

Reactions: dudenjen

· Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,576 Posts
I received a letter from my dealer the other day, inviting me to an event where I can - get this - buy myself a shiny new BMW!

I haven’t bothered responding. I very much doubt I’ll ever buy another new BMW. It’s not the wait that’s winding me up, it’s the total lack of interest from the dealer. I appreciate there are only so many ways to say ‘sorry, still no news’, but it would be nice to hear it just occasionally. Just to let me know my order hasn’t been forgotten.
Most of the sales guys are like that. The smart ones are being customer oriented because the writing is on the wall, with having 20 or more salesmen at a car lot.
I read recently BMW has a few showroom dealer models starting soon and the days of big car lots are going as they've learned Tesla has gotten away with their online ordering deal.
I hear ya about not getting acknowledgement when reaching out to a sales guy, even a simple, I got ur msg, let me get back to ya.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Brilliant, well done Ian! I’m tempted to email Jake and nag him some more… :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
102 Posts
Suspect there'll very shortly be a cancelled order due to non-response from the dealership I placed an order with, that hasn't yet been able to explain why it is (or confirm/deny) that they're reneging on the 4.9% finance deal that the car order was based on in March '22. Will update very shortly, delivery was quoted as Dec '22 if I do cancel.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
I’ve just looked at the websites of Sytner, Inchcape and Marshalls. All big BMW dealers. Not one is even listing the i4.

· Registered
2008 BMW E91 325D ---> 2022 (hopefully) BMW i4 M50
247 Posts
Yep, had a look at Octopus EV this morning as well and they've taken it off that too (the company I work for is on the brink of a salary sacrifice scheme allegedly so I'm keeping a weathered eye on that route).

Still on sytner Sheffield and inchcape reading and on octopus EV when I looked 5 minutes ago.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
No, I meant under stock available. Not preorders.

· Registered
M50, Dravit Grey, Tech Plus Pack, Ext Shadowline (Ordered Oct 21)
107 Posts
Just out of curiosity; has anyone who has ordered an M50 in the Northern Ireland actually taken delivery?
Ordered in October 21 and still 047, with no indication of when it may arrive and just getting a bit cheesed off.

· Registered
2008 BMW E91 325D ---> 2022 (hopefully) BMW i4 M50
247 Posts
Just out of curiosity; has anyone who has ordered an M50 in the Northern Ireland actually taken delivery?
Ordered in October 21 and still 047, with no indication of when it may arrive and just getting a bit cheesed off.
I saw a sunset orange i4 on M2 yesterday but couldn’t see if it was an e40 or M50

181 - 200 of 222 Posts