BMW i4 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I saw a sunset orange i4 on M2 yesterday but couldn’t see if it was an e40 or M50
Bet you couldn't catch up with it to check either 😉

· Registered
2008 BMW E91 325D ---> 2022 (hopefully) BMW i4 M50
247 Posts
There is a Tanzanite Blue M50. The Country Garage brought it in to be their own demonstrator, I was due to get a test drive but it was sold before it got a chance to demonstrate!

· Registered
42 Posts
There is a Tanzanite Blue M50. The Country Garage brought it in to be their own demonstrator, I was due to get a test drive but it was sold before it got a chance to demonstrate!
Yeh my friend saw this at a petrol station (ironically parked at a petrol pump) and sent me it to ask of it was the car I was getting.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

· Registered
110 Posts

· Registered
i4 M50 on order
82 Posts
Yeh my friend saw this at a petrol station (ironically parked at a petrol pump) and sent me it to ask of it was the car I was getting.
I mean people here in the US are stupid enough to block multiple charging stations or cut charging cords, a small bit of payback doesn't seem like too much to ask.

· Registered
2008 BMW E91 325D ---> 2022 (hopefully) BMW i4 M50
247 Posts
Yeh my friend saw this at a petrol station (ironically parked at a petrol pump) and sent me it to ask of it was the car I was getting. View attachment 9621
Priceless! One of the things which frustrates me today is that most petrol stations are now also local shops, and people park at the pump, fill up (optional) then go in and do their weekly shop for half an hour. I see this issue isn't going to be solved by EV's.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get a little advice.

Placed my order in February 22 with an expected Delivery Day 15th May 22. It was then Changed to Early Oct, Late Oct, Nov and now March 23.

I placed the order just before all the prices went up so its a really good deal.I need advice I have never recieved any Production Numbers or anything else like that to track the order. When I asked for it I was told the UK doesn't get one, but looking at the comments i've seen from you all I'm inclinded to believe this is BS. I have what my dealer says as a means to track my order but nothing else so I'm stuck playing the waiting game.

Am I being taken for a mug are they hoping for me to cancel because the price is about 3k less than what they can actually sell the car for now?
I don't mind waiting til March for my order but I'm not convienced they won't push me back again.

I'm part exchanging my old vehicle so I'm trying to decide whether I should stick with it and possibly lose more money on the PX as its value is dropping. Or ditch the deal and go elsewhere for a new vehicle whilst my current vehicle still has a decent amount of equity.

They offered me a vehicle that was due soon with slight difference to it but I don't want the car so bad i'm willing to pay a further 5k for it.

At time of Order
Vehicle Value £35,600.50
Interest 3.9%

If I was to reorder now
Vehicle Value £38,435.00
Interest 6.9%

Just over 5k more expensive once you include the interest.

Any advice would be appreciated never bought a new car before so this is all a new experience for me.

· Registered
M50, Dravit Grey, Tech Plus Pack, Ext Shadowline (Ordered Oct 21)
107 Posts
So when the order has been accepted you should have AG number, this is supplied by your dealership and allows you to track with BMW Online Genius.

once you hit status 150, you’ll be allocated a chassis and vin number.

but you absolutely should have an AG number once you have had your order accepted.

In fairness though, most of us here and particularly those of us that ordered M50s, are having an order-to-build time of about a year.

I ordered in October 2021 and only received my VIN last week; totally order to delivery time (if nothing else goes wrong) about 54-55weeks.

· Registered
7 Posts
So when the order has been accepted you should have AG number, this is supplied by your dealership and allows you to track with BMW Online Genius.

once you hit status 150, you’ll be allocated a chassis and vin number.

but you absolutely should have an AG number once you have had your order accepted.
Thank you for such a quick reply would the AG number be on my Vehicle order form or would that be given to me by the dealership?

· Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for such a quick reply would the AG number be on my Vehicle order form or would that be given to me by the dealership?
I'm only getting a Active tourer 223i nothing as nice as the M50 (I Wish I Could!) so it isn't anything special but, I have added all the options so that will definitly add to the delay. One thing I was told by the dealership is that we might be suffering from chip shortages again. Well at least that was the reason for me being pushed back to march.

· Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
The production number is only issued when BMW accepts your order, not when the dealer accepts the order from you. You should definitely be allocated one of these numbers. I ordered in December last year and I didn't get a production number until May this year.

· Registered
7 Posts
The production number is only issued when BMW accepts your order, not when the dealer accepts the order from you. You should definitely be allocated one of these numbers. I ordered in December last year and I didn't get a production number until May this year.
Managed to wrestle my 7 digit number out of them. my order is currently 111 and expected delivery is now 22 May 23. So around 15 months from order date.

· Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
111 is better than 047, and it could change (in either direction) any time. Check with the chat line on Thursdays, that’s when statuses change.

· Registered
7 Posts
111 is better than 047, and it could change (in either direction) any time. Check with the chat line on Thursdays, that’s when statuses change.
Thank you I appreciate the advice. Never used a forum before, wish I had sooner managed to get more information on my delivery in the last few days than I have for the last 8 Months.

· Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Thank you I appreciate the advice. Never used a forum before, wish I had sooner managed to get more information on my delivery in the last few days than I have for the last 8 Months.
You'd be surprised. We seem better informed than the dealers in many cases. More than once I've asked my dealer about something and he's had to go and look it up.

Today's example: I asked him whether they'd fixed the problem with customers being unable to use the adaptive cruise control download from the online store. It was discussed fairly widely on here when the problem arose. My dealer was unaware there was a problem at all and has had to go off to research it!

· Registered
7 Posts
You'd be surprised. We seem better informed than the dealers in many cases. More than once I've asked my dealer about something and he's had to go and look it up.

Today's example: I asked him whether they'd fixed the problem with customers being unable to use the adaptive cruise control download from the online store. It was discussed fairly widely on here when the problem arose. My dealer was unaware there was a problem at all and has had to go off to research it!
I can beat that! When I asked for my AG Number he said "What is an AG number?" :oops:

201 - 220 of 222 Posts