BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter. That’s perfect. Now the fun begins.
Indeed it does. Sent my spec to dealer already and got a quote back for finance etc. The finance rate on the BMW site is wrong (at 7.9%!), PCP is available at 4.9%.

Off to dealer tomorrow to see some of the paint choices and M Sport Seats in person.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good choices. The colour and seats are set in stone for me I have to say. Brooklyn Grey and yes on the sports seats. The 20 inch alloys look off the list for me as a loss of 50 miles in range just isn’t worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good choices. The colour and seats are set in stone for me I have to say. Brooklyn Grey and yes on the sports seats. The 20 inch alloys look off the list for me as a loss of 50 miles in range just isn’t worth it.
Does Brooklyn Grey look anything in real life like it does on the configurator? It looks almost white on the configurator, I wonder if it's not doing it justice just like with Sanremo Green.

My shortlist is Dravit Grey or Frozen Portimao Blue right now, trying to work out if the Frozen is worth the extra cost or not (my current car has a similar matte style and I love it).

Will be my first BMW so I am not that familiar with why the M Sport Seats are better than the regular Sport Seats - do you have any insights there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does Brooklyn Grey look anything in real life like it does on the configurator? It looks almost white on the configurator, I wonder if it's not doing it justice just like with Sanremo Green.

My shortlist is Dravit Grey or Frozen Portimao Blue right now, trying to work out if the Frozen is worth the extra cost or not (my current car has a similar matte style and I love it).

Will be my first BMW so I am not that familiar with why the M Sport Seats are better than the regular Sport Seats - do you have any insights there?
yeah the configurator doesn’t show the Brooklyn grey off to its best. If you search Brooklyn grey on YouTube there is some good videos showing it off to its best.
The sports seats are great and just really look the part and to me are much more comfortable than the normal seats are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not so sure the UK configurator is accurate.
For example at "Standard equipment" at the top you get this image for the cockpit:

You can access it:
Choose your model>>Find out more...>> 2nd image

·
Registered
11 Posts
So fun playing with the UK configurator while I’m waiting for the US configurator to go live. eDrive40 M Sport, one of the whites or Portimao blue, 19” 859 M wheels, black leather w/ blue stitching and black wood or aluminum trim for me. I think the packages will be different here. Heated seats and steering wheel are a must, as is lumbar adjust. Harman Kardon would be nice. Counting on sunroof being standard like it is on most Bimmers in the US. I’m guessing staying under $60k is not happening…

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of the interesting things about the configurator is that you can see how individual options increase or decrease range. For instance, when I chose leather seats, I lost a mile in range. If you choose the M Sport trim for the i4 40, you lose a few miles, though certainly not the same loss as you get with the M50. Lots to weigh, no pun intended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the interesting things about the configurator is that you can see how individual options increase or decrease range. For instance, when I chose leather seats, I lost a mile in range. If you choose the M Sport trim for the i4 40, you lose a few miles, though certainly not the same loss as you get with the M50. Lots to weigh, no pun intended.
Interesting finding!
It's true. An i4 40 without and with the M-sport package has at least 589-571=18 Km difference in range!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a picture os sports seats compared with std. cant seem to find out what the difference is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts