BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 435i convertible, and I have the headlight washers.
I just noticed we don't this year.
Anyone can tell me when they were discontinued and why?
Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
317 Posts
In my country at least, headlight washers and automatic tilt adjustment was mandatory for xenon headlamps. After the change to LED, it seems many discontinued making this.
Im not sure whether it’s necessary or not, but in wintertime my car gets covered in a LOT of shit from the road, so I’d imagine for my application I would have to pull over and clean my headlamps at a gas station regularly…

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
464 Posts
In my country at least, headlight washers and automatic tilt adjustment was mandatory for xenon headlamps. After the change to LED, it seems many discontinued making this.
Im not sure whether it’s necessary or not, but in wintertime my car gets covered in a LOT of shit from the road, so I’d imagine for my application I would have to pull over and clean my headlamps at a gas station regularly…
That's nothing, wait till the wintertime and you get alot of "schitt" on the sensor, it has potential to temporarily turn off assistance aids. Especially when wet snow slush collects on them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had headlight washers as part of the Adaptive Xenons in Visibility Pack on a 2014 3 series saloon.
In 2016 when I needed pram space, so I ordered a 3 series touring with the Adaptive LED’s in the new Visibility Pack. As you say headlight washers are not standard with LED’s. I specified them as I thought they were useful on my previous Xenon cars. However, with LED’s they seem to have been re-programmed and do not activate anywhere near as much as they did with the Xenons.
Assuming similar deployment, I would not have bothered to specify them, even if they had been available, on my upcoming i4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts