BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I’m convinced either BMW production literally has no order and makes zero sense. Or dealers are talking out of their ass and just saying anything and not caring. Makes zero sense how people who ordered in June can be status 047 and people can order right now and get it within 2 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This all sounds very familiar, and the OP should probably expect the unexpected. I pre-ordered in late July, and received my slot and production number at the end of week 13. I was told at the time week 16 for build, and MyBMWGarage showed "Scheduled for Production." Less than one week later it moved back to "Order Received" and a couple of weeks later it moved back to "Scheduled for Production" now with week 21 build. Near the end of last week (week 18) I once again went back to "Order Received" and when it returned to "Scheduled for Production" this past Monday I was now a week 25 build.

I wouldn't believe anything you're told regarding build timeline until your vehicle actually goes to status 150 and you get a VIN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer (Tacoma, WA) says he hopes to have the demo model before the end of May. Nothing else ordered from them is even in production.
Ordered early January. Hoping for Q4 delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This all sounds very familiar, and the OP should probably expect the unexpected. I pre-ordered in late July, and received my slot and production number at the end of week 13. I was told at the time week 16 for build, and MyBMWGarage showed "Scheduled for Production." Less than one week later it moved back to "Order Received" and a couple of weeks later it moved back to "Scheduled for Production" now with week 21 build. Near the end of last week (week 18) I once again went back to "Order Received" and when it returned to "Scheduled for Production" this past Monday I was now a week 25 build.

I wouldn't believe anything you're told regarding build timeline until your vehicle actually goes to status 150 and you get a VIN.
i ordered in December, and I just got production number last week with a week 21 build. Checked this week and it updated with my VIN and it moved to production begins status (I’m assuming 150?). It would line up with what the genius line told me.

i ordered an alpine white e40. I have heard that the e40’s are being produced sooner because it seems that a lot of orders are for the M50. I was in the middle of the pack for my dealership but one of the onlyE40’s and currently the first with a production number

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here's a thought........maybe they made more eDrive40 harnesses than M50's before they shut down the factory in the Ukraine.
The original plan was to get up to speed first on the i4 40, then i4 m50.
cable production is moved. only cable issue is kick-opening of hatch.
they have currently limited access to 20 inch wheels - so no i4m50 with big wheels at the moment

·
Registered
661 Posts
The original plan was to get up to speed first on the i4 40, then i4 m50.
cable production is moved. only cable issue is kick-opening of hatch.
they have currently limited access to 20 inch wheels - so no i4m50 with big wheels at the moment
If the 20" wheel limitation is really a thing, that explains my delay. Not willing to skip the 20" wheels either.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've heard this as well about 20" wheels. And carbon fiber.
It it's 20" wheels and carbon trim then that is exactly my car.

Tanzanite, cognac leather, carbon fiber trim, all options including 20" wheels.

Oh well.... One of my best friends picked up a 2018 M5 competition for a steal today. I just don't want another ICE with BMW performance EV available.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

Reactions: XtBimmer

·
Registered
27 Posts
This was a lot quicker than I expected. I ordered late in January 2022, my salesperson called me today with a production number and a confirmed slot: it will go into production within the next 7 days and delivery will happen in mid July!
7 days from when you posted (5/16) would be 5/23 (this coming Monday). Please let us know if your car goes into production on Monday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My "pre-order" went in the end of January and was told March-ish. I checked in to update a few things on the order and was told in the next week. When I went for test drive in March they said end of year.

So, can both be true? New allotment not allowed until end of year yet the OP is granted a build date already?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is true about the 20 inch wheels 😫. I was told by my dealer they are unavailable for June, July, and August builds for sure and unsure after that. I will take the 19's and be happier with the range and save some cash. I was keen on the 20's but after a test drive I realized it is no M Car, it is a fast luxury car. I have an M2 for the fun stuff!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts