BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I try to select both, it keeps taking the other one off.
Why? Is it even worth ordering at this point if it’s this messed up? Is it supposed to be like this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am ordering the eDrive with the M sport and performance options. It will be equivalent to the M50 without the second motor and range penalty.

When I tried to order vernasca leather seats or heads up display it prevents you from ordering parking assist and drive recorder.

My dealer confirmed that the configurator is doing this and agrees it makes no sense. He said also that he can add options manually to the BMW order bank. Right now the i4 it is not yet in the order bank program, but should come any day.

So if you gave trouble with the configurator you may send in as much as you can configure, then contact the dealer to add the other things.

My dealer also assured me that when the US is assigned build slots at the beginning of the year,

·
Registered
229 Posts
When I tried to order vernasca leather seats or heads up display it prevents you from ordering parking assist and drive recorder.
Can you try this build Code: EMG11LS5
As you can see I have almost every important option checked: Vernasca Leather, M Sport, Parking Assistant, HUD, Drive Recorder....

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property

Weird that you guys have a problem with that configurator...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tried typing in your choices and the US configurator repeated deleted something when I chose certain options.

Was your configuration done on bmwusa?

My dealer went in and was not able to build my configurator, but should be able to add whatever I want to the build bank once it is ready.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
70 Posts
For those having issues with the Parking package getting kicked out as I did, try selecting the Parking package last after selecting everything else. That worked for me every time I tried it. My dealer is still having issues with his configurator but when I told him this trick, it worked for him too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
When you register yourself on the BMW site, to store for instance your configurations, there will be a URL available for each configuration you made. You can find it in your profile under "your configurations" (at least on our Belgian (European) site).
Take that URL and change the last part, the code with "EMG11LS5". That way you should get the config I made. Maybe you can then continue from there by deleting/changing/adding options :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I tried edge browser and also selecting the parking assist last. It simply required me to forfeit several other choices.

I know that my combination of options can be selected with M50, so it is not a physical incompatibility.

It comes down to leather seats in the eDrive 40 preventing parking assist and HUD in the configurator.

Perhaps the wind direction is a factor.

It has to be a program bug to be so difficult and erratic. BMW must want to sell these options.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
70 Posts
When I finally got my configuration working, the winds were blowing out of the NE. So maybe wait for a NE wind? ;)

Seriously, it is a bug. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My opinion: depending on your location, your providers don't always have the same configurator in their database. So, for some people (who do have the latest configurator) it will work correctly, others will have to wait until their provider updates their proxy server

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
70 Posts
I tried and it did not accept your build code. It just defaulted to the blank starting config.

I am in Poland now, so the wind direction option may not work.

I will just wait for bmw to open the build bank and see if my dealer can force my options in.
See that's exactly what I mentioned above when I tried sending my code to my dealer, it brought up a base car. The system is really broken.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tried with a different computer, a different browser to no avail.

"They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care,
They pursued it with forks and hope.
They threatened its life with a railway share
And charmed it with smiles and soap."

I will have to ask my dealer to update his configurator software.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts