BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tried everyone's suggestions and thank you all for them, but no luck.

Happily my dealer has gotten into the order bank and compiled my full list.

So that is where it counts and the overall solution to any config problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts

We're all here to help each other. This time it didn't work out the way we wanted.
But luckily it turned out the way you wanted, at your dealership.
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Are we confident that pre-order date will control when build slots open? If so, when will that window close (i.e., we can continue looking at different combinations until X but after X, we will lose delivery days, perhaps a long gap!)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This issue is when you try to order a basic eDrive40. For the M50, no issues. My dealer had the same problems with the configurator as well. However, they entered my order into the system and were able to select all the options wanted (premium, parking, drive assistance, plus most the tech individual options). I'm order status 047 which is far from being assigned a production slot. They indicated it may be a while before assigned.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are we confident that pre-order date will control when build slots open? If so, when will that window close (i.e., we can continue looking at different combinations until X but after X, we will lose delivery days, perhaps a long gap!)?
I have been told they will go by our preorder date, and that build slots go to Europe this year.

I have also been bugging my dealer about changing my color to something individual, but placed my order to a standard sunset orange for now.
He estimates that production for the US will start in February with first deliveries in April. So if I want to change color it must be done sometime maybe in January.

You had best get your choices in before year-end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It works for me if I add the drive recorder (which adds parking), premium, and then drive assist
I have the same issue of "mutually exclusive" on the parking and premium seat, then I use the specific order you described and it worked! This is my first BMW, moving from Acura, and a little surprise of the selection issue from the website. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am ordering the eDrive with the M sport and performance options. It will be equivalent to the M50 without the second motor and range penalty.

When I tried to order vernasca leather seats or heads up display it prevents you from ordering parking assist and drive recorder.

My dealer confirmed that the configurator is doing this and agrees it makes no sense. He said also that he can add options manually to the BMW order bank. Right now the i4 it is not yet in the order bank program, but should come any day.

So if you gave trouble with the configurator you may send in as much as you can configure, then contact the dealer to add the other things.

My dealer also assured me that when the US is assigned build slots at the beginning of the year,

I agree! I couldn’t get heads up display without ordering the full premium package which deleted the surround camera which I must have. So I went to the dealer and they were able to add all the options I wanted to the order sheet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am ordering the eDrive with the M sport and performance options. It will be equivalent to the M50 without the second motor and range penalty.

When I tried to order vernasca leather seats or heads up display it prevents you from ordering parking assist and drive recorder.

My dealer confirmed that the configurator is doing this and agrees it makes no sense. He said also that he can add options manually to the BMW order bank. Right now the i4 it is not yet in the order bank program, but should come any day.

So if you gave trouble with the configurator you may send in as much as you can configure, then contact the dealer to add the other things.

My dealer also assured me that when the US is assigned build slots at the beginning of the year,

21 - 30 of 30 Posts