BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've speaking to many dealers about i4 orders the past couple months and one thing I still can't believe is that some dealers are charging mark-ups and mandating dealer installed add-ons for new i4 orders that won't be delivered for 6, 9, or maybe even 12+ months. Frankly, it's a disgusting practice that I think needs to stop. Dealers seem to forget that less than two years ago they were begging customers to buy cars.

For it stop, we, the consumers, need to stop giving these dealers our business. I live in the LA area and below is my list of dealers that said they will be charging mark-ups or mandating add-ons on i4 orders and those that won't.

For those that live in other parts of the US, please share your lists as well!

Los Angeles-area BMW Dealers NOT charging markups or mandating add-ons on new i4 orders
New Century BMW
BMW of Valencia
BMW of Encinitas (San Diego area)

Los Angeles-area BMW Dealers charging markups or mandating add-ons on new i4 orders
Santa Monica BMW
Pacific BMW
Century West BMW
Monrovia BMW
BMW of Ontario (mandated add-on for M50 only)

·
Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
299 Posts
In the SF Bay Area, BMW Concord is NOT charging markups or mandating add-ons.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
Colorado:

BMW of Loveland. No add-ons so far, MSRP.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've speaking to many dealers about i4 orders the past couple months and one thing I still can't believe is that some dealers are charging mark-ups and mandating dealer installed add-ons for new i4 orders that won't be delivered for 6, 9, or maybe even 12+ months. Frankly, it's a disgusting practice that I think needs to stop. Dealers seem to forget that less than two years ago they were begging customers to buy cars.

For it stop, we, the consumers, need to stop giving these dealers our business. I live in the LA area and below is my list of dealers that said they will be charging mark-ups or mandating add-ons on i4 orders and those that won't.

Los Angeles-area BMW Dealers NOT charging markups or mandating add-ons on new i4 orders
New Century BMW
BMW of Valencia

Los Angeles-area BMW Dealers charging markups or mandating add-ons on new i4 orders
Santa Monica BMW
Pacific BMW
Century West BMW
Monrovia BMW
Have you checked out South Bay BMW in Torrance?

·
Registered
202 Posts

New Century BMW
BMW of Valencia

Santa Monica BMW
Pacific BMW
Century West BMW
Monrovia BMW
Beverly Hills BMW plays it straight

Reactions: OptimusPrim3

·
Registered
2018 X3 M40i
217 Posts
BMW North in Milwaukee WI- wanted $2500 markup
International Autos BMW in Milwaukee - No markup
BMW Madison And Enterprise BMW in Appleton, WI- No Markup

·
Registered
10 Posts
I order from BMW Chapman @atutu33_az back in February and they did NOT CHARGE any extra or ad on from when I order then and now (my order migrated to 2023 and they said no ad on charges then and upcharge) my brand ambassador was Tarak (this might have change from my pre order to yours now though) .

·
Registered
36 Posts
I order from BMW Chapman @atutu33_az back in February and they did NOT CHARGE any extra or ad on from when I order then and now (my order migrated to 2023 and they said no ad on charges then and upcharge) my brand ambassador was Tarak (this might have change from my pre order to yours now though) .
Chapman Chandler added dealer prep+vehicle theft recovery+tint.

·
Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
112 Posts
I'm being told by my SA at Stevens Creek BMW of San Jose that I'll be paying sticker with no markups, though I've seen other people on the board say they are trying to slip in dumb charges like nitrogen filled tires and such

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you know how much Monrovia is charging over or doing add ons?
I think they may just be mandating ceramic coating add on. I have found that dealer to be terrible, by the way. They don’t return my calls, texts, or emails!

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
What do these people say when told something like "You do know that there are no oil changes on an EV, right?"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts