BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was a little late to reserving my M50 (early July), so I’m obviously anxiously awaiting the dealership to contact me to select my options… which hopefully will be soon - says fall…

Naturally I’ve been obsessing over pricing and what options make the most sense for my taste - but there is STILL no configurator site on the BMW US page. Does anyone know when this will go live?

Side note, I’m surprised the Brooklyn Grey isn’t as popular! Especially with the Carbon fittings!

·
Registered
277 Posts
So I was a little late to reserving my M50 (early July), so I’m obviously anxiously awaiting the dealership to contact me to select my options… which hopefully will be soon - says fall…

Naturally I’ve been obsessing over pricing and what options make the most sense for my taste - but there is STILL no configurator site on the BMW US page. Does anyone know when this will go live?

Side note, I’m surprised the Brooklyn Grey isn’t as popular! Especially with the Carbon fittings!
Welcome to the forum @ElectricBIM! Congrats on reserving your i4! Yeah it's a little annoying that aside from the pre-order site there isn't a full configurator yet. What options are you looking at for your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep. Super frustrating that the US configurator is still not up.Thwt got me nervous about my pre-order so I called my local dealer (SoCal) they said they haven't received any new info on i4s since they were announced and thought they won't be available till "mid-summer".

Reconsidering my purchase.

·
Registered
MB GLA
318 Posts
Yep. Super frustrating that the US configurator is still not up.Thwt got me nervous about my pre-order so I called my local dealer (SoCal) they said they haven't received any new info on i4s since they were announced and thought they won't be available till "mid-summer".

Reconsidering my purchase.
It's worth to wait a bit to get that wonder!!
As "Greensalon" said you can have a good idea with BMW Canada configurator !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum @ElectricBIM! Congrats on reserving your i4! Yeah it's a little annoying that aside from the pre-order site there isn't a full configurator yet. What options are you looking at for your car?
Brooklyn Grey with the more black wheels, carbon fiber package (inside and out) with the premium package, Tacora red interior, the black grill and head lights…the rest really comes down to where I’m at price wise. I’d like to still get the M seatbelts and HK sound system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BMW USA just sent me an email.

“COMING SOON:
DESIGNING YOUR FUTURE i4
In November, you can begin to configure your pre‑ordered i4, like adding your favorite color, packages and more. We’ll be in touch once the i4 configuration is up on bmwusa.com or when you can contact your dealer to complete your build.”

Its really aggravating that every other country has published configuration and pricing, but BMW USA won’t let us plan and budget the options yet. Canada is a decent comparison, but they bundle so many options together, it’s really hard to estimate what the US final price will be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did this miss my inbox???

Thank you for providing the contents of the email!

I too agree with you on how frustrating it is not being able to plan and budget.

At least a November date gives us time to really consider our decision given that the i4 Review embargo will be lifted on October 13th. I am waiting to get a better understanding of the car from the reviews. More specifically, whether the quoted range is actually better. If so then I may choose to go with the M50 instead of the eDrive40.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BMW USA just sent me an email.

“COMING SOON:
DESIGNING YOUR FUTURE i4
In November, you can begin to configure your pre‑ordered i4, like adding your favorite color, packages and more. We’ll be in touch once the i4 configuration is up on bmwusa.com or when you can contact your dealer to complete your build.”

Its really aggravating that every other country has published configuration and pricing, but BMW USA won’t let us plan and budget the options yet. Canada is a decent comparison, but they bundle so many options together, it’s really hard to estimate what the US final price will be.
Once you posted I checked my email, got the same thing. At least it’s some news… but I completely agree… don’t know why good ol’ US of A is taking a backseat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got of the phone with my dealer, he confirmed that the US configurator will go live November 1st. Expects the ability to place orders shortly after. Unfortunately it looks like it will be early spring before they get a display model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts