BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My status order is on 047 last I heard. I pre-ordered in September.

I'm wondering when I should start bugging the dealerships to tell me if there's any update everyday. Poor dealer will have to deal with my excitement

·
Registered
29 Posts
I finally made it into the order bank on Wednesday after bugging my dealer once a week or so for updates. He's set pretty clear expectations that delivery will be Aug-Sep (preordered on Sep 5), but that they are anticipating more ramp-up in production starting early next year that may bring delivery up a month or two (fingers crossed). My sales guy is really short in his responses, but he's pretty good at answering my questions preemptively. I don't think I'll be bugging him more than once every other month or so until we start getting close to next summer. Then back to weekly. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally made it into the order bank on Wednesday after bugging my dealer once a week or so for updates. He's set pretty clear expectations that delivery will be Aug-Sep (preordered on Sep 5), but that they are anticipating more ramp-up in production starting early next year that may bring delivery up a month or two (fingers crossed). My sales guy is really short in his responses, but he's pretty good at answering my questions preemptively. I don't think I'll be bugging him more than once every other month or so until we start getting close to next summer. Then back to weekly. :)
Nice,
Once youre in the order bank did you get a production number? If so you can track it online and don’t need to contact the dealer anymore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I accidentally gave him a build number that didn't include the eSIM and asked him to update the build with the eSIM yesterday afternoon, so maybe it's not officially in yet. But I did just bug him again to make sure he gets me the production number ASAP with the incentive that I'll harass him less when he does!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Once you have your production number, in the US website you can look at "My Garage" by yourself. Although it can be a few days behind, its good enough at this stage. Once you see it move into the production schedule then you can start bugging the genius line for more accurate detail. Remember that for you its exciting but for the dealer its just another car, so instead of bugging the dealer, whom you want to stay on good terms with, bug the genius line instead. I wouldn't expect to see the next step in the process (officially scheduling your build week, although the genius line might have an estimate) until about 2 months or less before your actual build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer keeps telling me to just wait for him to reach out, but I wanna know whats going on. I ordered on june 4th, so I feel like I should be one of the first at my dealership but I feel like whenever I reach out to them to ask an update they are very dismissive

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once you have your production number, in the US website you can look at "My Garage" by yourself. Although it can be a few days behind, its good enough at this stage. Once you see it move into the production schedule then you can start bugging the genius line for more accurate detail. Remember that for you its exciting but for the dealer its just another car, so instead of bugging the dealer, whom you want to stay on good terms with, bug the genius line instead. I wouldn't expect to see the next step in the process (officially scheduling your build week, although the genius line might have an estimate) until about 2 months or less before your actual build.
I called Genius line once and I'll never do it again lol. Left that guy a 1 star review just awful. Absolutely bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I pre-ordered on June 1 and got an email confirmation on June 8. I have been in touch with him on and off for the last 6 months (the time has flown by!). He told me that he checks everyone's order once a week. I still do not have a production number yet, but hopefully that will change soon...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I called Genius line once and I'll never do it again lol. Left that guy a 1 star review just awful. Absolutely bad.
You sound like the kind of guy that if you go out to a restaurant and have one bad server, you'll never go back no matter how good the food was.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sound like the kind of guy that if you go out to a restaurant and have one bad server, you'll never go back no matter how good the food was.
I don't think you understand how bad that call was. I generally don't really care about this stuff lol. It takes a lot to make me actually notice bad service.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not trying to be racist, but did he have a distinctively Indian (from India) accent, and did he talk at 200 mph like everybody can understand him perfectly? :ROFLMAO: I so hate the trend towards outsourcing everything to India when we have perfectly good (and understandable, and not that expensive) English speakers locally!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not trying to be racist, but did he have a distinctively Indian (from India) accent, and did he talk at 200 mph like everybody can understand him perfectly? :ROFLMAO: I so hate the trend towards outsourcing everything to India when we have perfectly good (and understandable, and not that expensive) English speakers locally!
I get what you mean lol, but no! This was an african american, and I asked him 2 simple questions, 1 I already knew the answer cause of this sub and he fed me wrong info, and 2 he just didn't know what I was talking about (I was asking about the Digital Brochure, someone else said they called genius asked for it and got it). He had no idea.

He also just sounded super fed up and wanted to get rid of me as fast as he can, some attitude problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I get what you mean lol, but no! This was an african american, and I asked him 2 simple questions, 1 I already knew the answer cause of this sub and he fed me wrong info, and 2 he just didn't know what I was talking about (I was asking about the Digital Brochure, someone else said they called genius asked for it and got it). He had no idea.

He also just sounded super fed up and wanted to get rid of me as fast as he can, some attitude problem.
To be fair to the Genius, I called the genius line and asked for a digital brochure. My request was taken. Someone got back to be later from genius and asked me what I meant by it. When I pointed him to the brochures on this site, he said that this was not a USA thing. It was used in other countries but not in the USA. That's why your genius didn't understand.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
To be fair to the Genius, I called the genius line and asked for a digital brochure. My request was taken. Someone got back to be later from genius and asked me what I meant by it. When I pointed him to the brochures on this site, he said that this was not a USA thing. It was used in other countries but not in the USA. That's why your genius didn't understand.
Genius with an attitude:
Forehead Nose Facial expression Mouth Human

or attitude without the genius?
Nose Mouth Jaw Gesture Music artist

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your guy offered to call back and let you know.

Mine said "No idk what that is, do you need anything else?"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts