BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

BMW I reserved my i4 through called me saying the configurator for the U.S. will go live tonight at midnight and to call them first thing tomorrow morning with my configuration code so they can place the order.

Said it may be a month before they can give me a range of delivery time. For what it's worth I was one of the "delivery from summer 2022" preorders

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's the pricing guide. Shoutout to Encanto on the bimmerpost forum for sharing this
Is it just me or are the M Sport Seats missing from the pricing guide? Looks like the M Seat belts are also not there. Black Piano trim is missing.

Also, looks like Frozen Portimao Blue is only available for the M50 and not he e40.

At Least Iconic Sounds are still available as an option. 🤷‍♂️

I was really hoping to be able to get the frozen Portimao blue on my e40 reservation because at this point I don't think they'll let me switch to ordering an m50. I may not end up getting the car after all =[

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it just me or are the M Sport Seats missing from the pricing guide? Looks like the M Seat belts are also not there. Black Piano trim is missing.

Also, looks like Frozen Portimao Blue is only available for the M50 and not he e40.

At Least Iconic Sounds are still available as an option. 🤷‍♂️

I was really hoping to be able to get the frozen Portimao blue on my e40 reservation because at this point I don't think they'll let me switch to ordering an m50. I may not end up getting the car after all =[
Frozen Portimao Blue was always advertised as only available on the M50 in the US. But I am quite disappointed that M-seats aren't available. I thought at the very least M50 would have them (unless I'm missing something).

Wrappping is always an option if you want the satin finish. The shops in the LA area quoted me around $4k for a satin wrap, but you're probably not going to see the exact same blue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Frozen Portimao Blue was always advertised as only available on the M50 in the US. But I am quite disappointed that M-seats aren't available. I thought at the very least M50 would have them (unless I'm missing something).

Wrappping is always an option if you want the satin finish. The shops in the LA area quoted me around $4k for a satin wrap, but you're probably not going to see the exact same blue.
Thanks for the info. I did not know that Frozen Portimao Blue was advertised as an M50 exclusive. I was mostly going off the Canadian guide listing that color as an option for the e40. It's been almost 6 moths now and as more info is starting to roll out I feel as if maybe I may have to skip this generation of the car. I had to go with my gut (and very limited information) when making my initial reservation for the e40 back in June and since then I have slowly regretted not selecting the M50. This pricing guide isn't helping. My last hope would be that come next week my dealer would be ok with letting me order an M50 even though I reserved the e40. But not getting my hopes up. They have not once called me since making a reservation so my guess is that they'll maybe know less than I do. haha This Forum is just full of very great and knowledgeable people.

But thanks for the recommendation on the wrap, I may consider that or perhaps just go crazy and get the orange color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info. I did not know that Frozen Portimao Blue was advertised as an M50 exclusive. I was mostly going off the Canadian guide listing that color as an option for the e40. It's been almost 6 moths now and as more info is starting to roll out I feel as if maybe I may have to skip this generation of the car. I had to go with my gut (and very limited information) when making my initial reservation for the e40 back in June and since then I have slowly regretted not selecting the M50. This pricing guide isn't helping. My last hope would be that come next week my dealer would be ok with letting me order an M50 even though I reserved the e40. But not getting my hopes up. They have not once called me since making a reservation so my guess is that they'll maybe know less than I do. haha This Forum is just full of very great and knowledgeable people.

But thanks for the recommendation on the wrap, I may consider that or perhaps just go crazy and get the orange color.
Yeah of course. I actually called my original dealership last week about changing my eDrive40 reservation to and M50, and they said I'd have to place a new order. I did some more research about local dealerships and placed a second preorder for the M50 at a different dealership just two days ago (this is my first time buying a BMW so don't have loyalty to any one dealership :p). Technically the terms say you can only place on preorder per person and two per household, but I believe that's for actual orders not the deposits, but take that with a (large) grain of salt. I'm planning to hear back from both dealerships before cancelling one order if possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah of course. I actually called my original dealership last week about changing my eDrive40 reservation to and M50, and they said I'd have to place a new order. I did some more research about local dealerships and placed a second preorder for the M50 at a different dealership just two days ago (this is my first time buying a BMW so don't have loyalty to any one dealership :p). Technically the terms say you can only place on preorder per person and two per household, but I believe that's for actual orders not the deposits, but take that with a (large) grain of salt. I'm planning to hear back from both dealerships before cancelling one order if possible.
Thanks for that info. Got some decisions to make next week. Maybe I'll just wait a year (or 2) and see what the electric Cayman has to offer. At least I still have my chevy bolt I can count on. Except for the whole catching on fire thing. haha

1 - 20 of 97 Posts