BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wait, what the hell was the point of pre ordering if I have to build at the same time as everyone else?
What do we do with our pre order emails from months ago?????
Pre-order was more like a ticket number. Everyone can build online, but we'll have to place the actual order with the dealership who reached out to us months ago. They should be reaching out again soon

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
I mean like keeping our places in line. What was the point of depositing a pre order if we can all just go and build right now?

After the build process does it ask for your pre order number or something?
Pre-order deposits are what is placing you in the line. I Pre-ordered in Aug, poss delivery Mar/Apr, anyone that Pre-orders/builds now in Canada is looking at late 2022 delivery.
If you gave them 1500, they will know who you are or simply point it out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wait, what the hell was the point of pre ordering if I have to build at the same time as everyone else?
What do we do with our pre order emails from months ago?????
My sales rep said they still call us in order of the pre-orders to ensure there’s no “line jumping.” That’s the value of the pre-order process.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Configurator was open this morning at 8:00AM Eastern. However, I went to my dealer and talked to one of the "Genius" who was at the training last week, he told me that BMW USA is about a week late in starting to parcel out the allocations to the dealers. Looks like they have been sending out allocations for iXes but not i4s yet, and the process is for them to parcel out the allocations per dealer based on the pre-orders receipt sequence (you surely noted that each pre-order was assigned to a dealership). So we can be prepared, but as the "allocations" or "pre-orders" are assigned to dealers, the dealer will reach out to you to "modify" the pre-orders. Hurry up and wait...

·
Registered
74 Posts
The configurator is wonky. Its telling me certain things aren't available with other things but I know they are. I have the pricing guide, so I know what is and isn't conflicting. I tried to build an M50 with the same equipment together and it showed no problem.
Went to my dealer to configure the car today. On his screen he was able to configure the car as I requested, but when he went to print it, the car reverted to white with black interior and no options. He also said that the back end for entering the car information to BMW was not up yet.

Also of note, the M Sport package on the website cost $2400, and this is reflected in the pricing guide as well.
The problem I have is that in the pricing guide one of the features of the package is the (2VL) Variable sport steering.
Yet when you look at the features of the package on the website, that is noticeably absent. I am asking my dealer to verify.

Lets hope the manufacturing process better than the ordering process.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems I can't build the premium package with leather seats when it should be required, which is really strange... I also can't add HUD, parking assistance, and other options with the premium package. Configurator really seems to be wonky.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As for negotiating discounts, I'm not counting on any, but I'm sure going to try my darndest. Especially if it doesn't qualify for the federal incentive, there's tons of other options I'm happy to take, plus the dealerships take no risk with the order and barely even need to use lot space for a day, so it's worth a try.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
218 Posts
I alluded to the point with the Sales Manager at my dealership and she squashed it down immediately - everything at MSRP. At least she did not mention any dealer surcharge!
I read an article awhile ago, auto mfg (ie: Ford, chev etc) are preferring the online order approach just like Tesla and leaving no room for negotiations. Along with that, car lots will have less inventory.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"It seems I can't build the premium package with leather seats when it should be required, which is really strange... I also can't add HUD, parking assistance, and other options with the premium package. Configurator really seems to be wonky."

Now where have I heard that before? 😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
My assumption is that the configuration page /Build your Own of i4 has skipped internal QA. For example, If I select "Drive Recorder" I lose 'Premium Package' , I assumed its part of Premium, but its not mentioned there. There are so many other issues I could see. Good luck configuring your i4 !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems currently impossible to get Adaptive suspension with 18" wheels. I'd love the $700 adaptive suspension without spending $2400 on the m sport trim. Do individual dealers have the ability to override these options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe I missed this somewhere but I didn't want to spend $1000 on HUD but it's required with the Driving Assistance Professional Package. Is this correct? In the price list it just says requires Premium Pkg. Has anyone encountered this?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts