BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
So there are a lot of annoying linkages. In my case, I started with an M50, then selecting the leather auto-added the Premium package, selecting the Driver Assistance Professional auto-added the HUD, so I added manually the Laserlights, the Drive recorder, the H&K sound system and the eSim, and ended up with an almost full-equipped car; I was able to avoid the M technology/21 wheels, the Carbon package and the "Shadowline trim", which I did not want anyway.
For the M50, selecting the Driver Assistance Professional does automatically add the Premium Package and the Head-up display; the price list did say that ZDY (DAP) requires ordering ZPK (Parking assistance) or ZPP (Premium package), but there does not seem to be a way to just get ZDY and ZPK without ZPP; and the HUD requirement was not in the price list (the reverse was true, ZPP (Premium package) was required to have the HUD, which is still the case). So I would chalk up the first rule (ZDY requiring ZPP as a programmer-marketer discussion, the original rule ZDY requires ZPK or ZPP probably was too complicated to implement); but the HUD seems to be a new marketing requirement, possibly to justify allocating low-supply semi-conductors.
Selecting the Driver recorder does require the Parking Assistance package (as in the Price List - they share the same side cameras, and probably upgraded rear cameras because of the strange rules "ZPK will delete STD or 100% equipment 508" and "ZPK adds ZX2 rear camera", seems that ZX2 is an upgraded camera from 508), but did not drop the Premium Package for the M50.
@azahed , for having to manage configurator builds for a living, I can tell you that when the configurator does not do what you want, just go back to the beginning and re-start; the logic of reacting to changing options when there are all kinds of related rules is complicated and often mis-implemented. So start by selecting color, then select your leather, it will automatically add the Premium Package, and then you can add Parking Assistance and HUD (note that you can add Parking Assistance by itself but HUD requires Parking Assistance).
Another user interface quirk is that once you select any package, the + on white background circle turns to a check mark on blue background, which is good, but if you hover on the picture of the package, the checkmark turns into an X on blue background, which is meant to mean "click to UN-select", but is easy to interpret as not selected. The blue background actually means it IS selected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Since this is an all-new car and given the current market, do you guys think we'll have much room for negotiation, if at all?
Was wondering that myself, and part of me says no since they're not just sitting out on lots waiting to be purchased. Also sucks that the base price is $55,400 with the EV tax credit bill currently written as only being for sedans that are at/below $55k.

If anything may be worth it talking to the dealer to see if there's anyway to wiggle the numbers where the base price is $55k and additions are added later? I doubt it with MSRP being the main part but just throwing out random thoughts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was wondering that myself, and part of me says no since they're not just sitting out on lots waiting to be purchased. Also sucks that the base price is $55,400 with the EV tax credit bill currently written as only being for sedans that are at/below $55k.

If anything may be worth it talking to the dealer to see if there's anyway to wiggle the numbers where the base price is $55k and additions are added later? Not really sure, just throwing out random thoughts
Good thought, but the IRS predetermines the tax credit - there's nothing we can do on the retail transaction side that would impact receiving it or not. With that said, it all assumes the current bureaucratic process to support today's tax credit remains the same with any new one under the proposed legislation. Who knows.

·
Registered
270 Posts
@jda7165 , I agree with @teamzans . The proposed law refers to the MSRP limit, not the actual price sold, so the number is defined by the Manufacturer, not the dealer. I suppose BMW could lower the MSRP, but then the proposed law refers to the MSRP with options, so the only way out is if all these options be dealer-installed or (the horror!) software/subscription based.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday and created a build with the sales rep. He handed it off to the person who handles entering this data, but they said he couldn't do so (something wasn't working) and they let me know they'd send along confirmation once it was done. Hasn't happened yet - so I wonder if entering the orders is contingent on dealer allocations being done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got an email from my dealership asking me to configure the car online then send them the build code. Seems like they want to do it the Tesla way... What you see is what you pay?

Anyone else got the similar email?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@jda7165 , I agree with @teamzans . The proposed law refers to the MSRP limit, not the actual price sold, so the number is defined by the Manufacturer, not the dealer. I suppose BMW could lower the MSRP, but then the proposed law refers to the MSRP with options, so the only way out is if all these options be dealer-installed or (the horror!) software/subscription based.
Thanks @MinhSATx and @teamzans, didn't realize it was MSRP w/ options. Sounds like the price we see, is the price we'll be paying

·
Registered
38 Posts
It looks like the US just implemented the Gran Coupe options and is treated like the sport of that car.

The person or team doing the configuration also left off the leather dash option along with piano black trim.

It almost mirrors the 440iX configurator only with i4 extensions.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did just get a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry Report, so they've entered my order. Order Status is 047 - Spec. Released-no, indicating the dealer doesn't have allocation for it yet. I'm in the "summer or later" group, so not expecting this to change for a long time.... the waiting begins.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did just get a copy of the Vehicle Inquiry Report, so they've entered my order. Order Status is 047 - Spec. Released-no, indicating the dealer doesn't have allocation for it yet. I'm in the "summer or later" group, so not expecting this to change for a long time.... the waiting begins.
Did you do it online or in person? Also, did you talk about payments yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you do it online or in person? Also, did you talk about payments yet?
In person, and no discussion of payments yet. He asked about checking credit, but when I said "this probably won't be here until next summer, right? So it would be best to see what options are available then?" ... and he agreed.

I'm assuming this is going to be MSRP for purchase. I'm part of a corporate purchasing program through work which might give me a small discount. Then it's a matter of figuring out lease/finance/owners choice.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My dealer said they could not enter an order until they get my allocation, so I guess BMW's is not consistent with their policies.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Based on some information from Bimmerfest, I configured my car options from the bottom up, selecting driver assistance pro last. It took everything but I did it multiple times and it gave me multiple build codes.
Also when you go to print it, It reverts to alpine white with stuff missing. I still don't get it ::frustrated:: ☹

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received a call from the local store yesterday about my iX and i4 reservations. Apparently I was #5 on the list for the iX and #4 on the list for the i4 M50…. I4 M50 build date is February….hoping for a May-ish delivery

The experience was similar to others on this thread…. I configured the car on BMWUSA and sent them the config ID. The sales advisor said I could make changes until it hits 150 status…. Just FYI as I’m still tossing around interior colors… still miffed that ventilated seats are restricted to two seat options.

Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received a call from the local store yesterday about my iX and i4 reservations. Apparently I was #5 on the list for the iX and #4 on the list for the i4 M50…. I4 M50 build date is February….hoping for a May-ish delivery

The experience was similar to others on this thread…. I configured the car on BMWUSA and sent them the config ID. The sales advisor said I could make changes until it hits 150 status…. Just FYI as I’m still tossing around interior colors… still miffed that ventilated seats are restricted to two seat options.

Cheers!
What's 150 status? Just to clarify, if I order and submit my build, I should have some time to change it if I wanted? Presumably not from eDrive to M50, but at least the addons can be changed?

·
Registered
43 Posts

Cheers!
What about us who pre ordered with a deposit? Do we send the build ID AND the pre order ID?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's 150 status? Just to clarify, if I order and submit my build, I should have some time to change it if I wanted? Presumably not from eDrive to M50, but at least the addons can be changed?
status 150 is when the vehicle enters production. Anytime before then you can make changes (generally speaking). I think 112 is the last status before it hits 150 and you’re locked.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts