BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Order submitted at the dealership this morning! Their first i4 order submitted. One early step complete. Status 047. Now the long, tortuous wait. A sense a relief with the decision anxiety. My wife had to help make the final call on the interior since I didn’t like the fact that the ventilated seats were limited to Black and Mocha.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just got confirmation my build has been entered into the system.
On the ZMP M sport package, can anyone tell me what
"3DZ Without lines designation guide" means?
Also it was my understanding that shortages weren't affecting the I4......
But I see "48Z passenger lumbar delete" N/C.
Anyone have any info on these?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just means that the chrome turn signal filler on the front fenders won't say the name of the line on them, designation badges from the outside of the car. In other countries the lines include a label on that trim piece.

·
Registered
29 Posts
3DZ will delete the M badges on the fenders. You can see in the configurator that they are not there for the US but if you go to another country like the UK they are there. Apparently it is standard across all models to delete these badges in the US.

48Z is deletion of lumbar support from the passenger seat, Google points to a parts shortage so maybe that will change by the time these are actually built.

·
Registered
74 Posts
"48Z is deletion of lumbar support from the passenger seat, Google points to a parts shortage so maybe that will change by the time these are actually built."
Interesting, so they'll remove a feature at no charge but not give me any credit for it. :cautious: Wonderful!

·
Registered
74 Posts
"48Z is deletion of lumbar support from the passenger seat, Google points to a parts shortage so maybe that will change by the time these are actually built."
Interesting, so they'll remove a feature at no charge but not give me any credit for it. :cautious: Wonderful!
Actually I just double checked. On the pricing sheet effective October 4/2021 for the USA, the Premium package is listed as $1050. With the delete of the passenger lumbar, when I purchased the package it was $950. So they did credit us with $100 for not having the passenger lumbar. How generous of them....

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually I just double checked. On the pricing sheet effective October 4/2021 for the USA, the Premium package is listed as $1050. With the delete of the passenger lumbar, when I purchased the package it was $950. So they did credit us with $100 for not having the passenger lumbar. How generous of them....

Dan
Is lumbar support deleted for both passenger and driver if we choose Ventilated seats? If so, then I may looks into ventilated seats if the passenger seat can't have the lumbar support on the regular configuration.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Long term, the lumbar support for the driver is a very valuable item! The ventilated seats do not cool you. They suck heat and moisture away from your body. Posture is something you deal with every single time you drive, whereas being hot and sweaty is only a sometimes thing. Unless you are regularly doing long trips with a passenger that you have to treat equally, I recommend that you stick with the lumbar. If you are wealthy, I can imagine that you might be able to order and have installed a passenger lumbar seat when all the supply chain problems have been resolved.
Personally, if I were going to afford new seats down the road, it would be from the 5 series with built in massage too!

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Long term, the lumbar support for the driver is a very valuable item! The ventilated seats do not cool you. They suck heat and moisture away from your body. Posture is something you deal with every single time you drive, whereas being hot and sweaty is only a sometimes thing. Unless you are regularly doing long trips with a passenger that you have to treat equally, I recommend that you stick with the lumbar. If you are wealthy, I can imagine that you might be able to order and have installed a passenger lumbar seat when all the supply chain problems have been resolved.
Personally, if I were going to afford new seats down the road, it would be from the 5 series with built in massage too!

Dan
Very valid points. Thank you Dan!

Unless you are regularly doing long trips with a passenger that you have to treat equally, I recommend that you stick with the lumbar.
My wife comes to mind here. 😀
90% of my driving is with her in the passenger seat. This is why I would hope to have equally adjustable seats. Then again, this would be "my" car and we can still use our Chevy bolt as usual. The 10% of driving can be for just me, the I4, and my lumbar. Haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, but then you lose the effect of the heated seats.
Only in places. Not everywhere. The best of both worlds is to get all the features, of course. My Model Y has all the features they took off in the past few months, from USB and wireless charging to passenger lumbar and front radar. The only thing they added was bio defense mode, or something, which does extra air filtering. Nice feature, but losing all USB is pretty funny.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is lumbar support deleted for both passenger and driver if we choose Ventilated seats? If so, then I may looks into ventilated seats if the passenger seat can't have the lumbar support on the regular configuration.
@homerfan , I did NOT get the ventilated seats and I still got the Passenger Lumber delete. So I don't think the 2 are related. Though I'm curious, how can a chip shortage allow them to still make the Driver's lumbar but not the Passenger lumbar? They might only have so many chips and they are trying to make the maximum number of cars with them would be one theory...

81 - 98 of 98 Posts