BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anybody considered using their winter wheels from their previous 3- or 4-series on their i4? I've got a two-year old set of mat black 18" 405M winter wheels. They're not that pretty, but they shouldn't be. I don't care if they get messed up with grime in the winter. ❄

Instead of selling them and getting new winter wheels for the i4, I wonder if I could just use them on the i4.

Regards, Vincent.

·
Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,561 Posts
I will most likely be selling my 335i convertible and I've thought about the same thing. As I have winter tires on black rims, they are 225/40/18. I'm thinking they should fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When placing the order for I4 M50, I asked the dealer if my winter wheels from my present 2015 4-series GC would fit, but he was pretty sure it wouldn't.
So I'm counting on getting new ones for the I4.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday I asked at the dealership; they told me the winter wheels from an F36 Gran Coupe won't fit the i4.

That means I'll sell those, but I'm not sure whether I'll get new ones. Dutch winters are not very extreme, I'm not driving to the Alps to go snowboarding anymore and the i4 M50 has AWD, which should help for those few days that I'll still be driving in the snow. Hmm..

·
Registered
309 Posts
That means I'll sell those, but I'm not sure whether I'll get new ones. Dutch winters are not very extreme, I'm not driving to the Alps to go snowboarding anymore and the i4 M50 has AWD, which should help for those few days that I'll still be driving in the snow. Hmm..
Same dilemma here. One thing concerns me though and that’s the weight. On those rare occasions that our country is covered in snow summer tyres may not be able to handle those kilograms in case of an emergency stop, even at low speeds. In those cases winter tyres could make the difference between “kidneys or no kidneys”.

·
Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
201 Posts
Im keeping my original 662M 18" from my G30 to see if they fit the i4, in that case i will use them as winter wheels.
My biggest worry is that the front breake discs wont fit as i went with the 370mm ones, my G30 has the standard msport breakes, and there is not much room.

The offset is different, but that should be fixable with spacers.

5x112 66,6 8x18 ET30 9x18 ET44

Hoping to fit 245/45 on the 9" rears that currently have 275 found some sheet that said it should be possible.

Fingers crossed.. 😄

·
Registered
121 Posts
From the old F series (3 or 4) 100%the wheels won't fit because the distance between the wheel bolts is different old F series an aolder have 5x120 and the new G series have 5x112.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will most likely be selling my 335i convertible and I've thought about the same thing. As I have winter tires on black rims, they are 225/40/18. I'm thinking they should fit.
Check with a tire expert but I think for correct odometer it should be 225/50 R 18 or 245/45 R18 for the fronts....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts