BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what is the real-life utility of Sport boost and Launch control modes?
---

Handwriting Rectangle Font Circle Paper

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Azure Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

---

Is it for drag racing and stuff like that?

·
Registered
312 Posts
5 seconds of straight-line fun :rolleyes:

I mostly see an opportunity to increase numbers in technical spec and to propose a tesla-like-mode. I would have preferred an air conditioning button.

And I wonder if there are control problems in Sport Boost without Launch control
He is the only one that have said anything like that in the reviews, so I wouldn't take is to heart before someone else say something like that as well.

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realize that boost mode explains the 3.6 sec from 0 to 100 measured by carwow and calculated by motormatchup
fyi, it gives this in terms of G force:
Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

·
Registered
312 Posts
He also says in OnlyBimmers channel that estimated range of 430 km (based on his test drive) is less than published by BMW, when it is actually spot on for 20” tires..
But that is understandable, none of the dealers, atleast in norway, specify in the ads that it's cut down for 20" rims. They do however tell you when you spec the car.

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
336 Posts
According to the user manual
  • launch control - enables optimum acceleration. And causes premature component wear (p131)
  • sport boost - eg very fast acceleration while passing (p152)
You “have to” use it while showing off the car to your friends :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
difference in communication from one country to another are amusing
"La meilleure autonomie" - "The best autonomy" what?

The pic I got was from bmw.com, they seem to like range, France seems to love sporty, that's cool.
In Norway it's just the different standard packages, charged, fully charged and supercharged.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.