BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Really wanted the ventilated seats spec’d on the i4 M50 and despite being mentioned in various press articles I can’t see them either as included or an option within the BMW UK configurator.

Has anyone managed to get ventilated seats on a UK order or is this just for other markets?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unlike other cars they draw heat/moisture out so for example unlike in my Infiniti where you instantly feel cool air, these work differently, so assume they take longer and do not think you get the ”cold feeling”. Not sure if as effective .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unlike other cars they draw heat/moisture out so for example unlike in my Infiniti where you instantly feel cool air, these work differently, so assume they take longer and do not think you get the ”cold feeling”. Not sure if as effective .
LOL. Just when I think I eliminate something from my build I go on here and I'm undecided again. I am coming from an Infiniti with ventilated seats. They are kind of nice in the summer on longer drives. I did think that they would be loud enough to get annoying if it were an electric car. Overall though, I think I'll just leave it off as this car will be used mostly for shorter drives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A fan will make some noise. It won't be terribly loud though probably will be noticeable. On every car I've driven, it's like the AC at 2 or 3 out of 10 for noise.
That sound reasonable. I never had ventilated seats but always liked to have some. That's why that was a nobrainer to order them. I guess I'll activate them when the AC is working anyway, right? So I won't hear only the seats I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just can't understand why they are not an option for the UK market at all? Hopefully they add such option before it goes into production and I can add to the order!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just can't understand why they are not an option for the UK market at all? Hopefully they add such option before it goes into production and I can add to the order!
That's because in the UK it's always raining and cold. You don't need ventilated seats 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

Really wanted the ventilated seats spec’d on the i4 M50 and despite being mentioned in various press articles I can’t see them either as included or an option within the BMW UK configurator.

Has anyone managed to get ventilated seats on a UK order or is this just for other markets?
In the US, you can only order ventilated seats if you get the leather with mocha. I didn’t want leather with mocha, but really wanted ventilated seats! I think it’s a cost cutting measure on BMW‘s part. It’s probably too expensive just give us what we really want.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In the US, you can only order ventilated seats if you get the leather with mocha. I didn’t want leather with mocha, but really wanted ventilated seats! I think it’s a cost cutting measure on BMW‘s part. It’s probably too expensive just give us what we really want.
And Black. You can only get ventilated seats with Mocha or Black in the US. I do agree with the frustration!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered with black leather seats. I'd prefer the black fake plastic, for environmental and ethical reasons, but almost every ventilated seat I know of is leather anyway. Ventilation is a very nice option for longer drives and hotter days. When you've been exercising and you get into a hot car, ventilation is amazingly good. It also allows using less AC energy and being just as comfortable. I don't know how BMW does it, but the I-Pace has Peltier coolers in the seats then blows air across them to add cooling. That's extra fancy. Most cars I've seen just blow or suck air, which is still a great feature.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
47 Posts
My dealer said it was just redirected cabin air that’s blown into the seats. I would have ordered it if my oyster seats had it, but since they’re not true cooling, I won’t miss it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This car I decided to go big, get it exactly as I wanted or do I don’t have regrets. I was sure I should get leather and ventilated seats. At first I couldn't decide color, then realized BMW narrowed down my choices. Then I did a tiny bit of research and a bulk of the reviews I saw were saying the sensatec was pretty good, and over time wears better than leather. Uneven wear on my leather is one of my gripes of my current car.
So now I’m doing oyster sensatec, maybe I’ll change my mind later. That eliminates even the option of ventilated seats. I have them on my Infiniti, I like them but I really don’t use it much, don’t like them running if I’m not hot, for the most part I only use them for long drives where my rear and back would get sweaty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts