BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I also ordered through BMW of Sterling. My order was in August and the sales rep told me it'll likely go into production in February for a May delivery. How was your experience with them? Any shenanigans?
I did not have a great experience with BMW of Sterling. I had already ordered from BMW of Fairfax when I noticed on BMW of Sterling's website they had i4s in stock with a stock number. They would never tell me if they really one of the vehicles in stock. I started feeling like it was a bait and switch process that particular dealer used. I told them right up front that I already had a deposit on an i4 so was not looking to order another vehicle. I just gave up with them. Anyway, my experience with BMW of Fairfax has been really good. They have kept me in the loop on a monthly basis as to what was occurring with my order. I ordered September 20, 2021 and of course there was the war, the part shortages, high demand for vehicles, etc. so there was a delay. I have waited actually 14 months like many others on these pages but now I am in production so I am on way to to finally getting my car. Maybe they have fixed all this production delays now and you may a May delivery but I doubt it. I only say that because I learned really fast not to trust the people at BMW of Sterling, just based on my experience with them. Good luck with your order.

· Registered
58 Posts
I also ordered through BMW of Sterling. My order was in August and the sales rep told me it'll likely go into production in February for a May delivery. How was your experience with them? Any shenanigans?
I was one of the first set of ppl on their list of pre-orders. I pre-ordered in Jun 2021 and was supposed to get my car built in April 2022.. but due to all the Ukraine - Russia thing it got delayed and got my car delivered in July 2022. I worked with Kamal Hammond .. he is a great SA to work with. Overall experience with the dealer was smooth.

· Registered
38 Posts
I did not have a great experience with BMW of Sterling. I had already ordered from BMW of Fairfax when I noticed on BMW of Sterling's website they had i4s in stock with a stock number. They would never tell me if they really one of the vehicles in stock. I started feeling like it was a bait and switch process that particular dealer used. I told them right up front that I already had a deposit on an i4 so was not looking to order another vehicle. I just gave up with them. Anyway, my experience with BMW of Fairfax has been really good. They have kept me in the loop on a monthly basis as to what was occurring with my order. I ordered September 20, 2021 and of course there was the war, the part shortages, high demand for vehicles, etc. so there was a delay. I have waited actually 14 months like many others on these pages but now I am in production so I am on way to to finally getting my car. Maybe they have fixed all this production delays now and you may a May delivery but I doubt it. I only say that because I learned really fast not to trust the people at BMW of Sterling, just based on my experience with them. Good luck with your order.
I noticed that their test-drive vehicle shows up on the site. Initially I called them and asked about it but I was told that it was not available for sale. I did go in there and test-drive that one though. I've not had any issue with them in terms of communication.

I was one of the first set of ppl on their list of pre-orders. I pre-ordered in Jun 2021 and was supposed to get my car built in April 2022.. but due to all the Ukraine - Russia thing it got delayed and got my car delivered in July 2022. I worked with Kamal Hammond .. he is a great SA to work with. Overall experience with the dealer was smooth.
I've been working with Aiman. He's been easy to communicate with and has given me updates on how far back I am in the queue. Did their finance department try to push anything on you?

· Registered
58 Posts
I noticed that their test-drive vehicle shows up on the site. Initially I called them and asked about it but I was told that it was not available for sale. I did go in there and test-drive that one though. I've not had any issue with them in terms of communication.

I've been working with Aiman. He's been easy to communicate with and has given me updates on how far back I am in the queue. Did their finance department try to push anything on you?
No, they haven't .. they just explained what they offer (with respect to extra coverages) .. and I just declined everything except the tires & windshield protection and they didn't push me on anything.

· Registered
13 Posts
My M50 is now in production as of this morning (November 17th). I received my production number last Thursday, November 10th and it was in the scheduled for production status. This morning (November 17th) it flipped to production begins and I have a VIN number assigned. The end of production date is scheduled for November 29, 2022. This has been a long road as I know it has been for all of us. I reserved my M50 on September 20, 2021 so am really glad to finally have movement. Anxiously awaiting delivery which will take a while to get it to the USA but I have movement.

· Registered
i4 M50 03/2022
185 Posts
I was also on a waitlist with BMW of Sterling, just got an email this morning saying they have a "dozer or so" EV's to move, all i4's and IX. I'll reach out soon but online it looks like its mostly E40 cancelled orders and such.

Through midnight Wednesday any “in stock” i4 or iX must go. We are offering employee pricing plus any applicable rebates and incentives to take advantage of some excess inventory we need to move. Savings can be as much as $4500 off of MSRP on select models!

This is not a gimmick. This is not an advertising campaign. This is a REAL opportunity to save a lot of money on vehicles that were previously selling at a premium. The best EV’s on the market just got even better. Send me an email ASAP to reserve one or give me a call while we have the inventory and some type of selection. We are down to ~ a dozen or so.

Check out our available i4 and iX models here!

Very best,
Mohammed Akhtar

Mo Akhtar
Business Development Manager

BMW/Mini of Sterling
21710 Auto World Circle
Sterling, VA 20166

571-370-7149
703-362-2600
[email protected]

• Wow
Reactions: dudenjen