BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info (or pics?) on the welcome lights that are displayed on the floor when the door opens- is this standard or only available as an option? I saw it in a few pictures on an M50.

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
Saw those, but curious if the floor welcome lights are a thing on all models or just m50 or at all? I don’t see them anywhere
If I'm not mistaken, the welcome "carpet" lighting comes with the Ambient Lighting Pack, which is usually free when you have an M50 or an e40 M Sport. Check you configurator if it's free in your country (France for instance: not free, not even in the M50)

·
955 Posts
US: Not free, not even on the M50

Ambient Lighting
$250
Enhance the ambience of your vehicle with beautiful, practical lighting, inside and out. Proximity illumination in the outer door handles welcomes you at night. Inside, a soft glow runs along the inner door ledge, from front to rear. Interior lighting also includes rear reading and footwell lights, illumination of the front center armrest storage compartment, indirectly lit door pockets, and exit lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
US: Not free, not even on the M50

Ambient Lighting
$250
Enhance the ambience of your vehicle with beautiful, practical lighting, inside and out. Proximity illumination in the outer door handles welcomes you at night. Inside, a soft glow runs along the inner door ledge, from front to rear. Interior lighting also includes rear reading and footwell lights, illumination of the front center armrest storage compartment, indirectly lit door pockets, and exit lights.
Curious if proximity in the door handles includes the welcome floor light or just in the handles…hmmm

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
437 Posts
You would think if it had welcome puddle lights, they’d mention it. But I see no mention of it.

·
955 Posts
No, that comes from underneath the car. The light on the floor is not disturbed by opening the door. It stays the same shape

·
955 Posts
I don't have Comfort Access, but I will have the Welcome Carpet Light :sneaky:
Rectangle Font Art Magenta Pattern

So it comes with Ambient Lighting and it's free on the M50 and on the e40 M Sport. It will cost you €380 on an e40 Basic. (at least, that's how it is in Belgium)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
View attachment 4780
So it comes with Ambient Lighting and it's free on the M50 and on the e40 M Sport. It will cost you €380 on an e40 Basic. (at least, that's how it is in Belgium)
Lucky! I don’t see that option but I hope it comes with ambient light package here in the US…

·
955 Posts
Yes, Sfeerverlichting = Ambient Lighting

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
486 Posts
View attachment 4780
Yeah each country has different configuration setups...here in Canada, I will get the e40 non m sport but will have the premium enhanced package. Imo the m sport is mostly cosmetic and not of value to me. Plus the front is too cluttered with bits of plastic carbon stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts