BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have black at top of my list. My current car is black, I see no issue maintaining It.

2nd place is dravit grey. I think BMWs looks stunning in this color with black details/grille.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Landen! Between black and white I'd definitely go with black. Maybe a blue or red but it depends on which one they use.

If you routinely wash your car black is pretty easy to maintain. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. If you're that concerned you could always get some PPF to protect the paint.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome @Landen. Would you go with some type of grey?

I have black at top of my list. My current car is black, I see no issue maintaining It.

2nd place is dravit grey. I think BMWs looks stunning in this color with black details/grille.
I believe this example shows what that grey looks like on the i4.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That grey is nice 👆

I have a black i3 now, may do black again to hide the big grille :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum @Landen! Between black and white I'd definitely go with black. Maybe a blue or red but it depends on which one they use.

If you routinely wash your car black is pretty easy to maintain. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be. If you're that concerned you could always get some PPF to protect the paint.
Thanks for the input. I'm wondering your thoughts on the grey featured in the comment below??

·
Registered
63 Posts
The blue (matte) recently showed with the black wheels looks really good.

Another cool color is this Urban Green (also looks to be matte paint). Shown here on a M4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to forum @salant76! This color would look great with the black wheels as well. What has you the most interested/excited about the i4?
Most of the new mass produced long range EVs are CUVs and SUVs. I am more of car guy and more specifically hatchbacks and liftbacks. Right now there is really only one option that meets those specific requirements. The Polestar 2 which to be honest seems over priced and interior wise seems small (2nd front cup holder is under the armrest).

Also, I am a big fan of the 4-series Gran Coupe which the i4 is based on the new generation.

Really hope that the i4 is a good combination between driving dynamics (it’s a BMW), efficiency (300+ miles of range on a 80 kWh battery) and practicality.

Really interested to see how BMW packs a 80 kWH battery into a ICE based car. I am assuming the i4 will have a frunk with the long hood. Has that been confirmed or discussed?

My biggest concern with the i4 is price. It sounds like initially the cheaper model (35?) will not be available at first. I can wait for when it becomes available. Would be nice if BMW comes out on June 1st saying i4 will start at $50,000 starting fall 2022. Guess we will find out in another 8 days.

@BimmerTim,

How about yourself?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Most of the new mass produced long range EVs are CUVs and SUVs. I am more of car guy and more specifically hatchbacks and liftbacks. Right now there is really only one option that meets those specific requirements. The Polestar 2 which to be honest seems over priced and interior wise seems small (2nd front cup holder is under the armrest).

Also, I am a big fan of the 4-series Gran Coupe which the i4 is based on the new generation.

Really hope that the i4 is a good combination between driving dynamics (it’s a BMW), efficiency (300+ miles of range on a 80 kWh battery) and practicality.

Really interested to see how BMW packs a 80 kWH battery into a ICE based car. I am assuming the i4 will have a frunk with the long hood. Has that been confirmed or discussed?

My biggest concern with the i4 is price. It sounds like initially the cheaper model (35?) will not be available at first. I can wait for when it becomes available. Would be nice if BMW comes out on June 1st saying i4 will start at $50,000 starting fall 2022. Guess we will find out in another 8 days.

@BimmerTim,

How about yourself?
What has me most excited about the i4 is the performance potential. What's prevented me from switching to an EV is the fact that anything performance based like a Taycan, Model S, or e-tron GT is pretty much over $100,000 right off the bat. Since BMW is basically planning this to be their "electric 3-series" I hpe they can deliver something that reasonably priced for an EV but can still deliver a great driving experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What has me most excited about the i4 is the performance potential. What's prevented me from switching to an EV is the fact that anything performance based like a Taycan, Model S, or e-tron GT is pretty much over $100,000 right off the bat. Since BMW is basically planning this to be their "electric 3-series" I hpe they can deliver something that reasonably priced for an EV but can still deliver a great driving experience.
Model 3 Performance: $52,000 with 460cv and great handling. It is not of my taste, but I think the biggest problem for i4 will be the price. i4 series will have a big pressure between Taycan low model (under $90k) and M3.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Model 3 Performance with destination is the US is $58,190.

The i4 will be more expensive than that Model 3 the question is how much. Hopefully at 6pm est next Tuesday all the questions about price and specs on two of the trims will be answered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts