BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the online deposit option on the BMW site is no longer available, I contacted a local dealer. First they said the deposit was non-refundable, then quickly agreed to make it refundable once I pointed out the BMW website FAQ. I think this is just a general lack of knowledge on their part since this process is new to them. They have agreed to sell it me at MSRP (in writing, along with having me scratch out all "non" in the non-refundable lingo in the deposit agreement).They are charging me $1000 deposit vs. $1500. All interactions have been by email, so it is documented. They have been very responsive. I am planning to order it tomorrow and give them by build number, my question is, what can I expect from them to confirm that it is ordered correctly and that I am in queue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got an email from my dealer with a PDF (build sheet) with all options, accessories, color, etc.

You will okay that as verification of what you have ordered.

They will enter the order and you will eventually get a production number. With that number you will be able to track the build.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the online deposit option on the BMW site is no longer available, I contacted a local dealer. First they said the deposit was non-refundable, then quickly agreed to make it refundable once I pointed out the BMW website FAQ. I think this is just a general lack of knowledge on their part since this process is new to them. They have agreed to sell it me at MSRP (in writing, along with having me scratch out all "non" in the non-refundable lingo in the deposit agreement).They are charging me $1000 deposit vs. $1500. All interactions have been by email, so it is documented. They have been very responsive. I am planning to order it tomorrow and give them by build number, my question is, what can I expect from them to confirm that it is ordered correctly and that I am in queue?
I submitted a Build Code on 1/4/22 and then received an invoice from my dealer W/ Status Code 047 the next day.
So far, that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts