BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen interior "Fine-wood Oak grain open-pored" in real life?
I have ordered this for my i4 (Davit Grey + M-sport in cognac), but not sure how it will look?

In the configurator Fine-wood Oak grain looks dark grey (near perfect, in my eyes):
Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

In the generated video you get from the sales-guy, however, it looks more brownish (not so perfect..)?
Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the same question on Facebook and a few people 'confirmed' there is indeed some brown in it.
I'm going to call a dealer in another town which is supposed to have a demo car with the same config as mine and talk to them.

·
Registered
2016 435i convertible
429 Posts
Auto H is auto hold. The car will automatically hold the brakes when fully stopped such as at a traffic light so you can take your foot off the brake pedal
Ah, I've never seen that before. I've just been putting the car in park for that. I read in one of the YouTube videos that its for steptronic transmission. But when I go to build an I4 it shows up in the interior shot on the center console. :::confused:::

·
Registered
55 Posts
My understanding is that it actually uses the parking brake for the auto hold function. The owners manual for the i4 details the auto hold so I see no reason why it would not have it. I rented a new X3 earlier this year with it and it is actually a nice feature to not have to hold the brake pedal at long traffic lights

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
1,644 Posts
My understanding is that it actually uses the parking brake for the auto hold function. The owners manual for the i4 details the auto hold so I see no reason why it would not have it. I rented a new X3 earlier this year with it and it is actually a nice feature to not have to hold the brake pedal at long traffic lights
There's a difference between activating the AutoHold and the Parking Brake.
The AutoHold is an option the prevents rolling back when starting on a steep slope.
You can indeed use the parking brake for it, but when you try to move forward on a steep slope, and you don't give enough gas, you will still roll back, something that will not happen when the AutoHold is active. At least that's how it worked in my VW Passat CC

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Indeed it looks like they are dark gray (which is fantastic news).
My local dealer didn't have a samle for this one on his wall, and that's a shame. I'll have a talk tomorrow with the other dealer (far away from here) and if they confirm they see them as dark gray in real life it's a wrap for me.

Reactions: ED_M50

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
395 Posts
Wait. The owner's manual is in the wild? How do we see it, since the BMW site wants a VIN to let you look at it?
Never mind. Found the thread that has it.

·
Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
165 Posts
If you see gray or brown or both, you are correct. Its primarily gray with some lighter brown undertones in the graining itself, which adds some "warmth" to the trim itself. Our G20 has this trim, looks very very good and would pair with practically any current interior color option.

As for auto-hold, it's useful in "D," but in "B" the regen system will automatically prevent rolling back or the "creep" that you'd be accustomed to with a traditional automatic transmissioned car.

In other words, the car gives you a choice to use "D" and use auto-hold via brakes or have it provide creep, but in "B" it will automatically use the regen system to keep the vehicle stationary at a stop while off the brake pedal, but in order to creep, you have to use the "gas" pedal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Talked to a dealer today, having a demo car with oak interior.
He confirmed that the total experience is overwelmingly gray. So configurator (and pictures added above here) are representative, the generated video is not, since it exaggerates the tiny bit of brown.

That's a wrap, folks! Oak it is.

Reactions: ED_M50

·
Registered
25 Posts
Talked to a dealer today, having a demo car with oak interior.
He confirmed that the total experience is overwelmingly gray. So configurator (and pictures added above here) are representative, the generated video is not, since it exaggerates the tiny bit of brown.

That's a wrap, folks! Oak it is.
Thanks Ole!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts