BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up in another thread (how will you treat your car) but it seemed deserving of it's own thread. I hope this hasn't been asked yet.

My girlfriend says she wants to call it "a**hole" but I don't feel it's very creative and I think it would make me sad. That said, I'm siding towards an even less creative "computer". Even though I don't want to consider myself a Treky, I likely fill the criteria. In the end we'll likely just go with "car"

Also, one question...will the name of the car need to be preceded with "hey" ?

·
Registered
420i Grand Coupe --> i4 eDrive 40
52 Posts
This came up in another thread (how will you treat your car) but it seemed deserving of it's own thread. I hope this hasn't been asked yet.

My girlfriend says she wants to call it "a**hole" but I don't feel it's very creative and I think it would make me sad. That said, I'm siding towards an even less creative "computer". Even though I don't want to consider myself a Treky, I likely fill the criteria. In the end we'll likely just go with "car"

Also, one question...will the name of the car need to be preceded with "hey" ?
Bimmy (up, Scott)… for mail voice assistent; Bella for female

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a question first: is the voice responding always female, or can you choose between M/F?
Hal's voice from 2001 a Space Odyssey would be nice - very comforting (until it's not). I'm hoping there will be other voice offered as an update or paid update. I know you could do this with old GPS devices. Dennis Hopper was an option on my old Tom Tom.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There was a slew of aftermarket voices created for garmins, and any head unit that used the garmin gps could use the voice file also.
Homer Simpson, Dr. Nightmare, Samuel L Jackson, etc. I suppose William (KITT) Daniels could record one if he wanted.
Would also like to have external sounds of KITT on the car for pedestrians.

·
896 Posts
Since it's a German car, I will call it Frau Blucher and I expect it to play horses neighing whenever I call up voice command.
Then I will call the car Elsa Heidi

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
call it "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz"

Im unfunny sry
I like "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" better.
By the time you finish saying its name you forget what you wanted to ask it the first place...

·
896 Posts
I like "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" better.
You just beat me with that...
I was typing it in and realized I made a mistake....but I couldn't find where

1 - 20 of 40 Posts