BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am super interested in this car, but after seeing teslas build quality and their over simplicity. I want the i4. Do you guys know when the i4 will be aviabvle in the showrooms in California?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Demand is so high for this car that outside of the above, dealerships aren't likely to be able to keep anything in stock.
In Europe, they have cars specifically designated as demo that cannot be sold, same strategy as Tesla, because with such demos they can sell many more as opposed to just doing one sale. But in the US, dealers are greedy and short sighted and BMW has less leverage over them, so who knows how it's gonna pan out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I asked my dealer about when I could test drive an I4, and he said maybe in 2023 they will have inventory to drive. Otherwise, everything is pre-ordered, as is mine.

So I drove a 2022 430i, of which they had one. Even those get sold after a week.

The 430i has a similar body, of course with rear seats a little higher over the battery. The trunk was a little deeper to start and did not have the lower compartment where the HK sub-woofer goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer told me they will be getting one or two demo i4s sometime in the spring. He has the option to keep them on the lot for folks to test drive or sell them. We will see what happens though.

I know when I bought my i3 (first adopter), BMW brought Euro-spec models to my local dealer so I could see the car and test drive it prior to placing an order which I ultimately did. I am hoping BMW will do this with the i4. I pre-ordered an M50 on June 1 and got my email confirmation on June 8 (dealer had to manually do it because BMWUSA's website was jacked up).

The regional reps have been logging miles on both the iX and i4, so there are definitely some floating around the U.S. in various places.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer (Indianapolis) said they are supposed to get a demo car in February (of '22). I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This car seems to have alot of considerable hype, lets hope for the best and hopefully we get to test drive one.

I really want an electric car but I cannot stand Tesla and their simplisitc interior, the Model 3 simply doesn't feel like a drivers car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This car seems to have alot of considerable hype, lets hope for the best and hopefully we get to test drive one.

I really want an electric car but I cannot stand Tesla and their simplisitc interior, the Model 3 simply doesn't feel like a drivers car.
More like an old-time phone booth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts